1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temperamental Hypermotard 939 Indicator Switch

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jonathan Toynton, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Hi,

I love my Hypermotard, but I have an issue with the indicator switch.
    Frequently when I switch them on, they don't come on, and likewise often when I try to switch them off, they stay on.
    So now I'm spending too much time checking my indicator situation, instead of looking where I'm going.

Is this a common issue, and if so, what is the remedy? Seems like a poor contact inside the switch, can this easily be disassembled and cleaned with something?

Many thanks in advance

Jonathan

2. Part of my routine maintenance, especially after a ride in the wet, is to give all the switch gear an occasional squirt of water dispersant (usually WD40) and a squirt of a generic RS Components contact cleaner. Works for me :upyeah: Andy

3. Sounds good, I'll look into getting some contact cleaner.

Thanks

Jonathan

4. I second what Andy says, Halfords or any motor parts store will have contact cleaner. It’s handy to use on all your electrical connection boxes. On the handlebar switches spray it into the gap between the switch & the body of the switch. In the case of the indicator, at the back of the stalk the indicator switch sits on.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information