1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Termi Baffle - Keep Or Remove?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by dubcat, Apr 26, 2019.

?
  1. No because you’ll get an ASBO

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Of course! Don’t be a wuss

22 vote(s)
    84.6%
  1. Out, always out never in!
    Be interesting to dyno it with them out and in, probably not much difference

2. Hi....
    Just wondering....how do you get your baffles out? Would love to take mine out today but I'm hoping I don't have to drill the rivets? Any advice or pictures would be most useful. Many thanks

3. I am at work so I can't post a picture but it is VERY easy and takes 30 seconds to do. At the end of the pipe, on the side facing the wheel, you will find a little hex bolt. Simply undo that and the baffle will slide out. Super easy and if you want to put it back in you can (I will for track days). No drilling etc. required.

5. Thanks for the reply.....mine must be out already then as all I can see is a hole. I will check the box with original parts inside and see if they are in there. There was me wanting more noise ha ha

6. Lol :) They look like cylinders with holes drilled up and down them.

7. Yeah all I could see was honey comb type metal work....I will post a picture shortley when I get back. Cheers.

8. Out for me.

9. I've the single exhaust system outlet on the PS without the baffle for two/three years:) but reinstalled for a recent M.O.T & left it in.

10. I’m putting it back in for a track day but otherwise it’s staying out.

11. Unless it's over the track decibel limits, wouldn't you prefer having the baffle out for more power?

12. Strict noise limits mean it’s unlikely to pass without the baffles in. That’s my understanding at least.

13. Dubcat. Leaving my baffles out for Silverstone on the 31st....but taking them with me in case. Last year there were lots of noisier bikes than mine, and no-one noise tested, as they do on a ‘regular’ trackday. I checked with snells who I booked this event through, and they reckon it’ll be ok without baffles, but to take them just in case....hence what I’m doing !! Hope that helps....

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. SORRY? WHAT DID YOU SAY? I CAN’T HEAR YOU! :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Wind Chime

20190719_092538-c.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. I imagine if I was to use an unbaffled bike on a long ride (eg motorway to and from work) I’d want them in. Fun rides however, I imagine theyd ‘accidentally’ fall out. They did on my 1198 anyhow!
    Thinking about it a baffleless v twin starting at 5am would piss my neighbour off beautifully though, so that’s not a bad thing!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information