1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Termignoni Exhaust For Supersport Imminent.

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Derek, Nov 11, 2017.

• Like Like x 2
  1. I've written to Termignoni about this but so far no response. It looks great.
    If any one else has any news, please post it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Due to a marketing agreement between Ducati and Termignoni, it is very unlikely Termignoni will correspond with you direct nor is it likely that you will be able to buy the exhaust new from anyone other than an authorised Ducati parts department. Andy

3. Perhaps not but the Ducati Performance exhaust for the Supersport is made by Akrapovic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Termi distributor for the UK is looking into availability. The systems and slip ons developed on behalf of Ducati are obtainable through Ducati only, whether Termi or Akrapovic. Those developed independently are available outside of the Ducati parts system. Ducati decided to work with Akrapovic on their slip ons and the high level race system, which isn't every ones cup of tea so Termi are free to develop a system independently.
    Their face book page shows their new system, looks stunning.

5. 3k....rough guess....

6. Nooo that’s crazy! You could buy a decent bike with an exhaust on it for 3k!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. But that's what they cost....4k for a full akra for an rc8....ridiculous isn't it.....700 quid for can full arrow race system for my z which is more like it...

8. I genuinely fail to understand why folk buy Termi pipes, they are all ridiculously priced. Akra not much better, when so many cheaper but equally well made pipes exist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Only trouble is that no one else makes anything for our new model Supersports yet.

10. Only trouble is that no one else makes anything for our new model Supersports yet.

11. I'd bloody wait rather than spot that much wedge on a small piece of metal pipe. I mean, really, how much does a small tube of stainless or Ti actually cost? Those two just take the piss,but there's one born every minute

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. But it's not a full system. It uses the OEM headers, replaces the cat and has the silencer on the end, not unlike the Scrambler Sportline from Termi which costs £932 from Ducati including the upmap. I don't see why it should cost much more than that. The DP Akrapovič kit is a full system with an upmap and costs £1920. So it's going to cost more than the Akra slip on at £853 and less that the Akra full system.

13. Personally (and this is me talking) if i was going to replace an exhaust id be going for a full system. I did it years ago with my first hyper (got the termi end) left the headers stock and put on a decat (got it dyno'd). Changed the headers a year later and got it back on the dyno. The difference was amazing. Since then its full system or nothing....The headers on a full system are usually 10 - 20% larger (they are on my z1000).

My point regarding costs is that its becoming stupid money for the popular bikes (thats business i know) but its getting way up there and the italians (aprilia included) seem to take more advantage than most regarding costs. Having said that when we were at the NEC last week the full austin system for the SD1290 was 3.5k! i mean, theres not that much fucking metal in the fucking thing to justify that price! I was lucky to get my second hand stainless system for my RSV4 factory for 800 quid 2 years ago.

14. Even the KTM supplied Akra for the SDR is over 2k !!! Its just a little piece of metal pipe FFS !! I am proper lost when it comes to exhaust pipes nowadays ??

15. I think Wayne its an exercise in profits...i mean theres the same amount of metal in the arrow system for my zed as there is the akra system for the rsv4. If anything the arrow system has weathered better than the system for the ape yet brand new the full system for the ape is almost a grand more, hell, allowing for brexit and all that shit i actually paid 430 quid for my headers 3 years ago....and that was brand new sent directly from Italy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Just to add when i asked the bloke on the Austin stand the price of the system, when i replied i did say "fuck you"...twice...he laughed it off and said "yeah but people will buy them!"

17. Who the feck, in the name of all that's holy is gonna spend 3500 pounds on a pipe for a V-twin ?? As a comparison, the guy who bought my last car put a Capristo full system (with remore control for butterflies :bucktooth:) for 3400 pounds, and that had 10 headers...... So Austin zorsts, you can indeed FUCK OFF !!! :p

#19 Wayne58, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. PS, just to add. KTM said they will only warrant the bike if it has the Power Parts Akrapovic on it, so nobody gonna buy the Austin zorst till the bike is 3 years old and thus worth about 9k, so who on earth would spend more that 30% of the bikes value on a pipe ??

#20 Wayne58, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information