1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Termignoni Exhaust For Supersport Imminent.

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Derek, Nov 11, 2017.

1. I know - and, as i said - they want 4k for the akra system on an rc8r (my mate's got one) - he was wanting one til he found out the price....he did find some swedish outfit that was making a near identical system for 1500 quid....

2. As already said mate, sadly, there's one born every minute !! :rolleyes:

3. The new D181 system is a full system and will be available January 2018 according to the UK distributor.

4. Unless there is more to it than shown in the picture in the first post, it doesn't look like a full system to me. There are no front and rear headers only a cat by-pass and an end can. Whatever, we'll see what it comes in at.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The UK distributor assures me it's a full system.

6. termi full system for the DVT was £1800 and didn't include the headers either !!!!

• WTF WTF x 1
  7. I've also spoken to the UK distributor. It is the same set up as the MTS. It's described as a full system but retains the OEM headers.

8. Hope it's not as expensive as the Hyperstrada.........

9. Guy's, I've just read through this post and as someone who has the full akra system fitted I thought I would put my 2 penniths in. Agreed, these items are eye wateringly expensive, especially when you lay them up against the actual price of the bike 20-25 %. However there are a few things to take into account here, 1st weight saving I was told it knocks 6kg off (sure someone will correct me) 2nd Heat displacement which in slow moving traffic I found the stocker would cook your right inside thigh, now it just keeps your rear end well circulated. 3rd Look's ... ok beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I personally wished it sat a little higher but I love the fact the whole rear wheel is visible, 4th the upmap changes things fundamentally, I cant tell you why, maybe it's just purely psychological but everything is smoother yet sharper and you feel more connected to the bike. 5th .... the sound ! Now I run it with the baffles out much to the detriment of my eardrums, the shere range of sounds is astonishing. I hear people saying they like the "little burps".... feck that this thing barks at you, growls at you and if it could it would rip your nut sack off if it got hold. But yes agreed 2k is allot for an exhaust, akra or termi..... but dont just dismiss it because of cost, if you dont like loud dont buy it, if you dont like the looks .... guess what dont buy it. But if you get the chance try it, cos trust me once you do even if you cant afford it you will find a way to strap one on.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I have a Supersport S on order, hopefully delivered March or early April. The full Akrapovic was a no brainer for me on looks alone as, for me, it just sets off the bike so much better than the short and stubby side exhausts. Yes it's expensive, but sometimes it is worth paying for fine art :)

11. Good on ya mate, you wont regret it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Also, I just thought I would add one more point as there have been a few mentions regarding other brands that are copies of the expensive versions and that they are better value... and on that note you are correct ! But dont forget these are "copies" there has been NO research and development so they can afford to sell it cheaper ! they have no cost to recover.
    So yes for the few that are "born every minute" you should thank us, because you wouldn't even have access to the cheap knock off's. Also guys .... you are riding a premium Bike it deserves premium upgrades.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. The Akropovic is a no brainer for me as well. It looks awful, prevents fitment of the panniers and at more than 15% of the cost of the bike for a 'silencer' is far too expensive.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. I didn’t order a ‘Supersport’ to put panniers on it :p

15. Gotta have somewhere to store the Tena pants !

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Good job that we are all free to do what we want with our bikes, I love my Supersport with panniers on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Agreed, my decision on purchasing the V4S hinges on whether I can strap on some Panniers.... Fingers crossed

18. Feisty bunch in here, not like the refined atmosphere found in the Hypermotard and Scrambler forums :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Well I did and it makes for a brilliant sports tourer. I take the frames off when I'm not using them which is most of the time. I sold an MTS 1200 to buy this bike and for me it's much better. A louder exhaust is of secondary concern but if something comes along at the right price I'll certainly consider it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. So its 1800 for a decat pipe and ends can?? WTF!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information