1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Termignoni Exhaust For Supersport Imminent.

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Derek, Nov 11, 2017.

1. I look forward to sharing pics of my dreadful looking bike once it arrives :cool:

2. I prefer one look over the other, but don’t consider the one that isn’t my personal preference ‘dreadful’. So just out of interest, considering dreadful is quite a strong adjective (look up the definition), what makes one dreadful and one not? It’s all subjective of course, but dreadful? Really?

FF20CA71-6B61-45BD-A475-41DB7B4CFFE1.jpeg A51C6BC9-C775-4BF2-975A-978A83828525.jpeg 9602B9F3-D686-4018-9676-B0B90A6A00F0.jpeg A400A4B8-BFE8-4601-A15E-3854912CE1F4.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. In my opinion the Akro does look dreadful, sorry but that is my opinion. Having said that I still have the standard exhaust on mine. I only want to change it to get rid of the cat, but would not fit the Akro to do that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. You don’t have to apologise, we’re allowed different opinions after all. It’s what makes it dreadful I’m curious about, what is it about the aesthetics?

If one had said I don’t like it, fine, that’s fairly routine. It’s the use of the adjective dreadful...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    It's all down to the individual. Had Bob said it was dreadful I would have also found it harsh. But as he said he thought it was dreadful that's not quite so bad?

I love the workmanship of the Akrapovic system, it's beautifully made, like all of their stuff. Although we pay highly for it, often willingly.

My personal opinion is that it makes the bike unbalanced putting even more bulk high up, I do feel they look like wheel barrow handles, they look too long and too widely spread. I also dislike the look of the under seat bracket. Just all personal opinion.
    For me the CW exhaust looks by far the best of those currently available, it's neat well made and just looks sporty and racy.

I always respect every ones opinion and can understand why the full race system appeals.

6. Yup, it’s all opinion and I can explain why I prefer the look of the Akra over the standard... symmetry and filling in the gap between the wheel and the underside of the seat being two of the main reasons. Then there’s quality, sound and the like.

I don’t particularly like the look of the standard system but I wouldn’t call it dreadful. I have a mild interest in use of the language, especially nowadays with the all pervasive social media where it seems too easy to throw around words that carry some significance over quite trivial issues.

I can think of many things that qualify as truly dreadful, but a motorcycle exhaust no matter how ugly it’s personally perceived to be is not one of them.

7. Had this sent to me from design corse .
    QD twin monkey slip on . QD.jpg

8. Nice enough but it's just a decorative end can that retains the cat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fitted today just waiting on servo exhaust eliminator to fire her up and see how it sounds

B84D7468-175C-4BAF-A258-E7FF89734122.jpeg

10. Fire it up. The lack of eliminator will only give a warning on the dash

• Like Like x 1
  11. Its due today so in no rush...just incase the warning light throws up other issues

12. We have some Chinese equipment being installed where i work...its a blatant copy of some yank stuff...they are in our plant instaling it as we speak...they are taking pictures of all the other equipment so guess they’ll soon copy those too...maybe should have slipped my exhaust in there before fitting ...

13. anyone know where to get termignonis for a proper ss?
    98 carby...

14. Update from BR Special tuning. The official pictures are now on their website
    It looks pretty good to me - but I would say that ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. My new Supersport S has now arrived at the dealer where, amongst other things, it will be having the full Akrapovic system fitted.

Once it is in my hands I will look forward to posting the odd pic or three and offending various sensibilities :p

16. BR Special Tuning Price Update
    I received a text from Steve at BR Special Tuning late this afternoon. In view of Omnia Racing's pricing, they have dropped their price to compete. Their price in the UK is now £763 and he is refunding the difference to my card [​IMG]

17. Now that I like

18. Out of curiosity how are you getting along with the full system ?

19. If we ever see it. Termi have delayed shipping to their suppliers 3 times since I ordered it :mad:

20. Will report back on that, don’t have my hands on it yet. Pick it up, or rather it is delivered, this coming Wednesday.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information