1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Termignoni Full System

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by JohnoDuc, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Hi all, been offered a good deal on a full Termignoni system for the Multistrada. I’m tempted but it does away with the lambda sensors. I know on other systems people get them mapped out. The seller is also offering an upmap with the exhaust. I have no experience of these. Does anyone know if this would eliminate the lambda sensors?

2. If it is anything like my earlier 1200, the lambda sensors need unplugging from the loom. I’m sure someone will be along who has gone the non dealer route. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. What year & model is your bike? You would need both upmap dongle & exhaust for race-ecu specification. Go for it, you will enjoy it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Does this mean I can removed the lambda sensors?
    It’s a 2015 DVT. I can find a lot of info on the previous model just not much on mine.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Get the Termi system and just get an exhaust servo eliminator and plug it in, piece of cake.
    You’ll love it.

I bought an Akrapovic system, best add on I ever bought and that doesn’t even have an upmap.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just got a full Akra installed on the Multi and it sounds NAAAASTY. I feel like I’m on a super moto now. Makes you want to do things that might not be too lawful. It does pop a lot so planning on getting a Rexxer upmap soon.

7. On a DVT, the lambda sensors on a full Termi system physically stay in place but from what I heard, they are deactivated by the Upmap.

#7 MiniMe, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  8. This is what I thought. I am waiting for the seller to respond.

9. You might wanna find a good set of these if you are going de-cat ;) :D
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I do prefer the Akrapovic system. It there room for the lambda sensors to fit?

11. No, not on the Akrapovic. You disable it and tuck it away so it doesn’t flap around.

The engine breathes much better, the low and mid range is better, the sound is great but not offensively loud. The whole riding experience is better but it’s not a horsepower thing, it’s more rideable, more smiles.

12. Thanks for the info. I assume you had the bike remapped

13. No, Akrapovic say you don’t need to remap.

I’ve read on here a few people have dyno’d and like the results but I haven’t so can’t comment. It probably is a further improvement.

All I can say is, with the new full system + a Healtech servo eliminator you can suddenly happily ride at 20mph- 30mph and whatever after that. There seems to be no need to up the rear sprocket to 42 teeth.

Sort the screen and the seat and it’s all great fun. Oh and have you checked the static suspension sag?

Personally I just wish they’d market a lowered version… even better handling and easier to get on and orft.

14. That’s interesting I would have thought the fuelling would be all over the place with the lambda sensors being in clean air. Wonder what would happen if you disconnect them from the loom.
    I would like the Akrapovic system but the cost is huge compared to the Termignoni

15. Thank you all for your advice. I have made the purchase and bought the Termignoni system. Could not find a good deal on the Akrapovic which I personally think looks a lot better.

Going to speak to a Ducati garage tomorrow called Desmo shed about unlocking the upmap.

16. I'm looking into this for my 18 PP, I contacted Upmap direct and they might have a plug and play module available next year, this would enable me to decat with a link pipe and a Healtech ESE without potentially damaging the engine...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hi, I am considering the same on my 18 PP so would be interested to see how you get on. I had the full termi and upmap on my 1200S DVT and it was a good improvement but I prefer the looks of the standard exhaust on the PP and not so keen on the long termi end can!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yes I agree, I have the short Carbon termi on the bike at the moment. I don’t think it will fit the new headers.

With the upmap, does it add an extra mode i.e race?

19. Yes on the 1200 upmap it said race on the display, improved the fueling and reduced engine braking

• Like Like x 1
  20. IF you are considering a decat with the short Termi end can.. This will probably sound rediculously loud...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information