1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Termignoni Heat Shield Questions

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by aceofhearts, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Yep, or weld another brace to the back before chopping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. link p
    true dat... i never said it was a perfect plan! just A plan....

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. tbh link pipes come up for sale often for not silly money. last set i bought i paid 60 quid for and the were polished. i have a spare set some where but the are the same as the op's so no use to him.

4. I bet the spare set are tucked away with that old side stand!! ;)
    Steve

5. lmfao, no sooner had i typed that , i remembered im supposed to be looking for a side stand!!! im gunna go out there right now and have a look (well in 10 mins as im having a glass of red and a ciggy)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Early start Chiz??!!

7. start? i havnt stopped since i seen you last!

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. I seem to have that effect on people ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. driving a man away from drink might be considered worse... your all good bud.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Thanks for the great replies everyone, I will order the 998 style guard and see if that is large enough with the heel guards to cover the original mounting holes. If not I will search for the new link pipe I think.

I would have liked to re-use the original guard as I am seriously trying to resist throwing loads of carbon at this bike like my old one, as at the moment it is almost totally standard

11. My one is for sale if looking

12. A final method, and one that I have used, is to use a jubilee clip that is the correct diameter for the pipe and then drill a hole in it and use a rivnut or nutsert or timesert and set that in the drilled hole on the inside of the clip as it bears against the pipe, with the end of the threaded insert pointing out. This allows the spacing on the pipe to line up with the heat shield as you can move and adjust the jubilee clip to line up with the heat shield holes. The insert can also be filed at the end to improve the fit, as the heatshield lays against it.

You used to be able to buy these clips on eBay but I doubt you will find them now. They are easy to make as long as you have some way of setting the rivnut etc. In fact, the bike pictured has exactly that setup using the jubilee clip method, it hides the bracket perfectly due to the curvature of the heatshield.

13. Hi guys. I have a 97 748 and am looking for a pair of genuine rear sets with the carbon heat shields. Would anybody know where there is a spare set? Thank you in advance

14. Do you mean the standard non adjustable pegs or the adjustable Ducati Performance rearsets with carbon heel plates?

15. Thanks for the prompt reply! I am after the latter. 996rs style. I understand these are rarer than rocking horse shit

16. Yup. I have a set that I might consider letting go. Will PM you later this evening.

17. Amazing! Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information