1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Termignoni Titanium Race Exhaust With Dds Race Map For Mts 1260

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Espen, Aug 31, 2018.

1. I have a 1260 pikes peak, this is a good report as I am considering getting the down pipes changed, does anyone know if the "standard termi" has a db killer as I see nothing down the exhaust to indicate one ?

2. Standard termi is straight through. The reports I’ve read is that the sound is too loud with decat and standard termi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. @Espen
    Great write-up. Quick question:
    Notwithstanding the decibels, do the racing headers fit the standard or PP Termi silencer?

#23 DarR, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  4. Hi,

I never tested the OEM silencer on the termi headers. I think I´ve read somewhere it does not fit.

5. I'm thinking about getting the full termi setup. Not for the power, sound, or looks, but for less heat. Here in florida, this bike cooks me in the summer. So, the question is, does the full setup mitigate heat completely?

6. It’s much more bearable. I can ride with shorts and sandals need be but that does not mean that stopped in traffic will not turn fan in an instant.

7. Not correct the V4 map can be removed and sold with a used system -dealer creates a voucher

8. Interesting. I really hate to drop that kind of money just to reduce engine heat. Otherwise, from what I've heard, it sound a little better and looks a little better. That's about it.

9. It goes better pull better sounds awesome it’s more economical but if you live in a hot climate removing the cat gives you ride ability in hot days as well

10. Great post! Thank you for taking the trouble to write it up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I found an answer which made my original question irrelevant.
    Decat pipes are available such as Leovince. Notwithstanding, the Termi silencer on the Pikes Peak is not really a silencer.
    Like @James85 wrote, It's just a straight pipe that looks like a silencer. The real muffler is in the OEM mid section. Consequently, replacing it with a decat pipe would be obnoxiously too loud for me.

12. Of all the AM exhaust systems out there, your's is the coolest one. The silencer doesn't seem too long which is what I like about it.
    Wouldn't mind seeing a profile photo if you have one.
    Have you installed a Rapidbike fuel controller?

13. Great writeup. Just installed on my 1260S yesterday, concur to your findings.

Is there any way to load the remap with indie software? I am about 5 hours away from the closest dealer...

14. Have to agree with the write up. I recently got a 1260s with full termi system with the racing map installed. I came from a 2013 multi gt. With the full system and map it is much smoother, much crisper and is doing 210 miles to a tank, where the multi gt was doing 185. The only time it is LOUD is when you rev it hard, otherwise, it just burbles along. Cannot fault this setup.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Thinking of taking the plunge and going full termi on my 1260 pp.
    But bit worried bout how loud it will be when riding in Europe on tour do any of you with full termi ride in Europe and have any problems with the law.

16. With normal riding and no db killer, the full system is not loud at all. Its loud when you accelerate hard, so if you're wringing its neck on your tour, maybe not. If like me, you ride 90% at relaxed pace, its fine. Might be worth visiting a member nearby to you for a listen.
    I'm in South Midlands, if thats any good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I ride in Europe. Germany are really cracking down, but I think it's more a case of being respectful in towns and villages. If you really crack the throttle open, it will be loud, but if you're sensible, it's fine. My last euro trip, I fitted the baffle, but I'm reliably told by people riding behind me that it didn't actually make much difference.

Would that stop me getting one? No. It's the best thing I've done to my MTS and possibly the nicest sounding exhaust I've heard. Loads of character and puts a massive smile on my face every time I ride. It seemed very expensive when I bought it but now I've had it, it's worth every penny imho.

18. Thanks for your input I've always had a decat on my other two pps one was a mivi other arrow but was way to loud for touring on so was hoping the termi would be better.

19. It’s perfectly fine for touring , even without the baffle

20. Just put my order in out of stock till end of November ☹

Do Not Sell My Personal Information