1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Model 3

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dave, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Yup :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. It’s like being in a space ship

All silent and the glass roof is something else

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. :astonished:

4. Aren’t they about £41,550? That’s not bad, but hardly Kia or Sandero money.

5. What's the lead time?
    Just asking for a friend

6. Apart from home have you got good charging points

It’s crap here you need a day to get a decent charge

I imagine you have a Tesla charging point handy to your town Dave

7. Theyre nice. But pricey. If i was doing a 25m commute, I'd buy an old micra for peanuts or something like that. Not a 40k spaceship. Use the remaining 39.5k to buy a V4R, or another one if you have one already. Lend me your old one.

We have 2 reps at work who pop by with them. One guy is always running out, the other guy is fine. One guy is a bean counter, the other one is an inferior designer. Guess who runs out? I think as long as you're an organised person, then charge isnt an issue. You adapt.

Too 'connected' for me though. After a whole week on Monmouth beach with no web, tv or stuff like that I have to say, I loved it. Apparently some fat orange twerp was over, glad I missed it all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Went to my brother bbq up near Carlisle a while back, one of his friends was in a Vauxhall Ampera, it was plugged in through the kitchen window until the next morning, the cheeky bugger!
    He came from Wilmslow!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. They like their bling in Wilmslow....

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tesla seek to allay fears of electric vehicles not making the full journey

11. Well, picked my Model 3 Performance up on Saturday. Giving it a bit of a workout over highland roads (with only slight apologies to the group of GSs who couldn't quite work out what just happened) suggests that I’m going to get 280+ miles driving, ah, progressively, and 300+ keeping it to the letter of the law. Well pleased so far.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I was chatting to a guy who ran a BMW leccy car, he was very impressed, as has been said especially with performance. However, the air con button is for show only, press it and range is decimated.

Also, apparently the charging points in either Aldi or Liddle aren't connected up. They were installed for the grants they earned.

TB

13. Can you get them on extended test drives?

A couple of us at work are considering them for the company car next year, obviously with the BIK tax rates going the way they are it's got to be something to consider.

I'd rather save the money in tax so that I can then spend that saving towards a better 'normal' car for the Mrs and one that I'd like to drive on the weekends.

14. If you do the sums, the savings in running costs outweigh BiK already, and there will be an almighty backlog for EV order & delivery come April. And of course, EVs will soon become the ‘normal’ - with the exception of enthusiast’s collectible cars, ICE vehicles will be worth 2/3 of bugger all. And all of that is before you factor in actually doing something to secure humanity’s future.

15. Until we accept nuclear power generation (unlikely), I’m never going to understand the rank hypocrisy of “clean” electric cars but they’re very impressive anyway & to Rob’s original point, yeah I followed a Tesla model S in my 160bhp Integra for about a second recently until he decided to bugger off. Looked like I was standing still!

• Like Like x 1
  16. A model 3 is looking like the perfect second car for us. 30 mile round trip commute Mon-Fri, and usually the weekend involve max 100 miles on each of the days. We have a driveway and could get a supercharger fit just inside/outside the garage door.

The Sportage would have to stay though. It's a dirty diesel, but you need one.

That said, £40k and we've our first child expected in a couple of months. Not going to happen so our second car will likely end up being a £4-5k petrol thingy. That or I use that £4-5k and chop in the KTM for a newer bike and use it to commute :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I’m all in favour of nuclear for baseline generation, but the evolving dynamics of infrastructure and use may make it unnecessary. We’re already seeing that EV charging patterns tend to be “hole fillers” as they charge overnight, and the development of battery buffers, V2H & V2G alongside renewable sources means that grid buffering and generation are moving more towards edge solutions with greater supply resilience.

18. I hope you’re right & I suspect you may know a lot more about it than I do but I cannot see how renewable sources are going to power the vast, maybe 100% requirement in the near future for electric vehicles. The grid goes down nowadays when everyone puts the kettle on in a World Cup match, how is it possibly going to cope with 12 million people charging their Tesla’s overnight every night?

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. I've driven the Golf E. Stonking car with decent range.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information