1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mary Hinge, Mar 18, 2019.

1. I recently went to Amsterdam and the taxi I took from the airport to town was a Tesla Model X (the SUV type thing) I was mightily impressed with it I must say. I even persuaded the driver to give it some welly- And he did! Fuck me, they can shift!

I'm a petrol head through and through but the truth is, these lecky car things are coming- no question. They really are getting popular on the European mainland.

I even found myself looking at Tesla's on Pistonheads yesterday... Should I seek help? Does anyone on here own one? I'm seriously considering one as a family car.... Sorry.... :scream:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  2. Yeah I’m kinda looking, sick of fuel prices. The only fly in the ointment is the bell-end in charge. Once he has shuffled off I will look again!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. My boss has the model x I believe, they're the 7 seater aren't they?

Definitely quick without question, I just don't know what the depreciation on them is likely to be but I suppose if you're minted like him then that's not a concern

• Like Like x 1
  4. Killing the planet with the manufacturing process of the battery at the front end, killing the planet generating the electricity to charge the batteries during its life and killing the planet with the recycling process of the batteries at the end of its life. Yes, go for it. Andy

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Thanks x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Mental, bloke at work has one, it's shit. Half the advertised range, no charging points (these will grow of course but so will the queue). He had to go to Leeds from Leamington to charge to then get to a meeting in Pickering, North Yorkshire last year, everyone thinks he's a Nob :eyes:
    And as Andy says above: they are not environmentally friendly :scream:

Thread closed, don't do it, total crap :poop:

This is a public service announcement for the sake of your credibility in the eyes of your fellow man (and the ladeeze) :bucktooth:

#5 Exige, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. I bought hybrid T8 last year, and so hooked on the electric side will certainly buy full electric next, the New Tesla 3 Performance, and Y SUV performance is looking good for costs now, S and X just too much for my liking.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah they can be 7 or 5 seat.

I think you'll take a bath with a new one... from what I could work out anyhow.

8. Wife and I keep saying our next car will be pure leccy. We do about 30 miles a day to the station, then running about on weekends.

We'd be stupid not to.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Yep, I'm definitely sceptical of the ranges claimed. Particularly if you boot it a lot. I'm not convinced.... yet.

And if it accelerates like a spaceship I won't be able to help myself, ha ha...

• Like Like x 1
  10. We went out in it for a mile, booting it a few times, and 6 miles came off the range o_O
    He leaves his office in Leamington every night, drives 15 minutes in the wrong direction, charges, then drives back past work to go home :p he won't plug it in to his house electrics.
    I have worked with a major UK manufacturer in Power Train on and off for the last year - a lot of whom have been poached by Dyson recently. Most of the guys developing the PHEV and BEV Power Trains I talked to did not think it is the future, even the one in 'charge' of the Cell Architecture :eyes:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Right then. Fuck it. Back to the supercharged V8 section :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 2
  12. What if dookie were to talk to those guys? Would he get a different answer? You know what it is like when dookie talks to folk!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Get a Renault Zoe - that's street cred...
    I'll get me coat

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. They are ok if you have a charging point it’s warm weather

Here the charge time is a couple days as there are no good charging points
    A friend of mine bought up a Tesla for me to try
    It’s weird as power is instant very quick and very quick to stop
    It’s quiet inside and no noise
    It runs from a big iPad eventhe seats have to be adjusted from it
    Not sure it’s for me

Oh on the run back to London the music had to be turned off and the heating as the miles left were being eaten as it was so cold

Petrol for me

11B2E7B9-21F5-4E99-AFEB-A5DDEF4236CC.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Incorrect.

Tesla for you, DB.

When lithium catches fire, it burns with a red flame.

Thus, Teslas are DB's kind of car.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Slow to charge - crap range - worries about catching fire...
    And the manufacture of just the batteries alone is extremely damaging to the environment.
    Yes, they may be cheap to run, at the moment - but just wait for the cost of electricity to go up once more people start using electric vehicles and the government gets less tax money from fossil fuels...
    They may be quick when fully charged, but the only time I have ever seen one it was being driven in the middle lane of a motorway at about 50mph with the driver looking terrified - presumably because they are thinking it will run out of charge before they get to the next charging point.

#16 JR45, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Indeed, special rate electric charge points with separate meter at your house..... resist!! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Just a thought - did anyone see the mess that the fire in the electric race bike warehouse made?
    Just Google "electric bike fire risk"...

19. Indeed, separate metres are happening for tax purposes :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Think 'smart meters' did I just start a new conspiracy theory? tin hats and smart meters may not mix.....

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information