1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test ride done, nearly hooked couple questions

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Turboarrow, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Hi all.
    Riding a multistrada at the mo and took the diavel loaner for the day and it did impress more than I expected.
    couple questions if you can help.

do a couple of euro tours each year, mountain twisties ect would this be hard work on the dev?
    anyone found a decent screen for the motorway bits?
    Tourer seat any good?
    Any thing else worth knowing about.?

thanks for any help &tips
    Ian

2. I went from Diavel to Multistrada because the Multistrada does the long distances so much better. That is not to say the Diavel is bad. It isn't. But for what you want to do, the Multistrada is much, much better. Had the touring screen and seat. Screen was ok but the seat was worse than stock. Each to his own but for me the multistrada is a touring bike and the Diavel isn't .

3. Hi, I took my Diavel for a run down to the Stelvio in summer. 2100 miles in 8 days. I added the DP Sports screen, the DP tail bag and a Kriega US20 tank bag. The Diavel was an absolute blast to ride. The only discomfort I suffered was numbness in my right hand on the longer days but I think that is because my gloves are a little too small.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just noticed this post.....now I have a problem! I had one of the water cooled BMW GSs during 2013 for Euro touring and since I had decided that 2013 was going to be my last Euro touring year (I'm 72 and the miles/kms seem longer than they used to!) so I sold it and bought a Diavel which I thought was unsuitable for long distance touring to avoid the temptation to head off east again. Now I've read yellowtechie's post I'm remembering the great times I've had touring. Maybe I'll check out the DP tail bag etc......

#4 alanp, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  5. alan. I do it on an 1198 or a 916. Any bike can tour.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information