1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Ride - Is A Charge Justified?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Ian, Sep 20, 2019.

1. If it was for the v4, then as a dealer, I'd be paying people to test ride it, it sure is fugly :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. £10 is reasonable, and I'd be far happier paying that than signing for 1k excess (which is pretty close to any minor mishap on a new ducati)
    £60 is taking the piss. I wouldn't test ride or buy there on principle.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I’d spend 60 quid in
    A heartbeat though on. Lap dancer for a minimum of 3 songs worth of dance. I’d choose the songs though.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. It only takes one idiot to crash a demo bike and the insurance goes through the roof.

Didn't someone crash the V4 demo at Ducati Manchester?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. P&H motorcycles used to have in place many years ago you just paid £20 for thirty minutes ridetime which i think is a fair trade,I did split the time with a R1/996S which was my first Ducati experience.:upyeah:

6. I have yet to be asked to ever pay for a test ride but say, you were deciding on a new bike in the bmw s1000 or ducati v4 range and you are 50/50 on which.

Both are £15k upward machines on average and if you were told you could ride both for £60 to see which one you absolutely want to buy, I would call that a good situation. If I buy, I get my money back but more importantly as we have seen to often in here, someone buying a £15k upward bike only to sell it months later for much much less situation could have been avoided.

7. Tell them you have a internet channel & will provide great coverage.... and then take it down a green land like von-boring did!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. As a matter of interest, if you pay £10 (or £20 or £60), is there still an excess?

Slightly different situation, I test drove an Audi the other weekend - no charge for the test drive, but I did have to sign a form to say I accepted a £1000 excess if I damaged it...

9. I was charged £10 when I test rode my Kawasaki at Blade. When I rode the V4s demo at the same dealer, same location (multi franchise), there was no charge. This was the only
    Uou must look well dodge. Pete never charges me mate. :p

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. It'll be interesting to see if Ducati Worcester will be charging for demo rides at their grand opening tomorrow...

11. If the forecast there matches here they’ll probably be asking people to take bikes - it’s set to piss it down apparently!

12. Just checked with the met office. Hope Ducati Worcester have water wings to road test!

13. I hate this, once went to buy a ZX10R from CMC in Chesterfield and they wouldn't let me test ride it unless I bought it. Having never ridden one I had no idea what to expect so wasn't going to commit without going down the road! Walked out and went to BMW, let me have an S1000RR out for as long as I wanted, went back and I bought it.

Ducati let me take out a 1199S after walking in off the street, decided I wanted a 1299S though so waited for one to come in. In the mean time I got carried away with spending and went back and test rode their V4S demo which was for sale and then agreed a deal on that. Ended up falling through as the bike had faults so that idea died off.
    Ended up going back 4 months later and agreeing a deal on a brand new V4S but only if I could have the afternoon on their demo, as it was a nice day! No issue at all with this, even gave my mate a Scrambler 1100 to follow me around on. No charges even mentioned and incredible service means they'll get plenty more of my cash through servicing and maybe future bikes.

Either they are very relaxed or could see I was a guaranteed customer so it was worth the 'investment', either way it worked out for them.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Maybe they
    i believe that because I’m under 40 and turned up wearing a hoodie on my supermoto husaberg he instantly assumed I was a youth seeking fun lol.
    Either that or he charged me £1 for every inch of my dong

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Never ridden a demo in my life. Can't be arsed with the faff. I've always done my homework on any car or bike I've bought. I know what it's going to be like so I just buy it. So far so good :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Never get a demo before getting married either. And that’s the dearest contract and purchase you will ever have.
    I would have happily paid a
    Tenner to find out what an annoying cu#t my wife is and tried another model

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Normally I dont bother either, but was 99% set on a SuperDuke R, took a test ride and bought a Tuono instead.
    Big excess to test ride, but no upfront cost.
    Did have to fill the Superduke tank though....

• Like Like x 1
  18. So is a large excess fair? To me it’s reasonable, but I suspect others may disagree.
    In my mind it just makes people a little more careful at slow speeds...

19. Ive one test ride in 20 years. The second test ride i tried to get was on a z1000 at the local kwak shop in Bristol. They wouldnt let me cos "they thought i was going to buy one somewhere else" and, even if i did, which i did - im still buying in to the brand...based on what they said i never ever given them my business, so far...

20. This is me.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information