1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Rides

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by cookster, Apr 27, 2019.

1. A fridge is more involving and interesting HONDA seem to have engineered any character out motorcycles brilliant engineered but souless

2. I was in my twenties when i first purchased a fireblade back in 93,and the front end used to flap around like a weather vane:upyeah:,now if that's not character............ i don't know what is.

3. It's a shame cos I love the look of my r6 but it's just not got the grunt.

4. I took my daughter's Scrambler for a test ride, the dealer didn't ask for any paperwork/deposit or signature and he didn't know me from Adam. Had he not, she would not have bought it.

5. I thought the rule of thumb was that a test ride of a used bike was a no-no for Joe Public due to insurance or the fact a lot are "sale or return" stock.

They have demonstrators to give you an idea of what a new bike would feel like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. There is a premium to pay when buying from a dealer and in return you should expect certain facilities which generally speaking should include a test. I wouldn't buy from a dealership that declined my request for a test .

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Does the bike belong to them or are they selling on behalf of a customer??
    That might explain. But on the other hand they could hand over the trade plates for a test ride.
    They probably dont trust you silky skills......
    Go buy elsewhere!

8. It's there bike , got a few in stock.

9. Honda have sanitised there bikes over the years I owned a urbern tiger it had a raw edge to it I rode my mates 18 plate blade totally different machine.
    It's been the same with gxrs R1 bid kwaks even Ducatis have become more civilized over the years

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I’ve had to wait a few days before when testing a used bike as the dealer does have insurance issues as to whether it’s fit to ride. That’s not uncommon, but never actually been refused a ride.

11. I wouldn't expect to be able to test a used bike. And i certainly wouldn't offer a test ride if im selling privately unless i have the full asking price in my hand.
    Some dealers are happy to let you test their used bikes but i understand if they dont. They have to put them through the workshop for a checkover as they may have been sitting a while. Then theyv got to be washed again once returned.
    They have a demo fleet for a reason, keeps their costs down.
    When i bought my used hyperstrada i got a test but only after i agreed to buy it and had paid a deposit.
    You always have the right to return a product if your not happy with it.

If your just wanting to see if u like that model of bike try find one somewhere else that will offer you a test ride to get a shot of it.

12. Don't think you do. If you buy a bike and come back 2 weeks later and say "it's not for me" you won't be getting a refund.

I've never had an issue with getting a test ride, maybe @cookster reputation is getting about :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I'm not that bad, it's not like I take um to Silverstone for the weekend :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Think il just keep the r6 and bang some ohlins and a quick shifter on it .

15. Do they do a big bore kit for them???

16. You can get um to about 140bhp supersport spec.

17. But still need to rev the crap out of it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Every dealership must be insured for test rides ... Only 2 reasons they did not allow a test ride there is something seriously wrong with the bike or it is in there dealership on Consignment ...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information