1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 1198spr Build

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Bullitt, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Looks great so far, i am incredibly jealous of the cleanliness of it. I presume it has never been ridden through North London on a wet November night? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Erm no, it's not. ;) I've got an '02 748s that's probably just as clean though and that's spent it's life in the Scottish borders and highlands..

Ceramic coating and ACF-50 is the key - makes a huge difference.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Absolutely stunning bike that buddy! Love what you've done with her!
    I've got a full fullsix carbon replacement fairings for mine too, road version. The fit and quality is fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks pal.

It's taken a lot longer than I ever thought it would and been a great learning experience along the way. When I started out, I honest had no idea I could do half the things I've done. Granted, it's not engine or gearbox rebuilding levels of difficulty, but I'm delighted with what I've achieved.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I love the wheels on your bike! Thinking of getting some in black for my sps project.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Best looking wheel on a ssa if you ask me :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Hey Bullitt, so have you ridden her yet? Have you put in on the track and wrung it out, felt the diff on how you can get on the power out of slow to medium speed corners? My last track day of the year last year was at Roebling Road last Oct 30th, a super fast track. Slowest corners are third gear. At the end of the lap, there's a 3rd gear 180 right hander then a short straight where you go from 3rd to 4th then a big radius 90 degree right hander onto the front straight. You have to be committed in that corner leading onto the long front straight to get the suspension to set, it's a serious fast/fun/scary corner. Figure you have to be doing between 110/120 mph fully leaned over, head down next to the right bar grip. Oh man that was fun! then as soon as you straighten her out, grab 5th gear and then 6th just before start finish. Long straight too, just honking in 6th gear. There were two local racers that day, one on a new R1 and another guy on a 1299. Both very fast, low 1:16's I couldn't hang with them, I was doing high 1:18's low 1:19's, so felt pretty good about that. One thing I'm noticing is the Superpole seat won't let me slide around on it, and because the rear of it is so high I can't move back in the seat entering corners and on the straight without picking my arse up. Don't care for that, and I've noticed that the 1098RS race seats have an elevated front (Like the Superpole) but the rear is more level with the front, the whole seat is basically parallel with the ground. I'm going to try and source one of those. Anyway at the end of the day, they R1 guy and I were talking and he looked at my bike and said, that's a 1098, you don't have traction control do you? I said no, why? He said "Dude you're nuts!" I took that as a compliment :)

#147 DJ23, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Where's Bullitt??? I imagine he's head down making money to pay for his very expensive Red Toys...

9. Hi buddy,

Sorry I have been mega mega busy at work, and still am. Still not had track time on it and the season is done here, even though some guys still ride.. Too hot for me.

Re the seat, yes - the superpole seat is pants... The RS seat needs some additional bits n bobs. Let me know if you need the RS spare parts catalogue, I'll ping it to you.

Enjoy those lap times and the bike - they're amazing machines!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information