1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The A272, A32 And Loomies Beware

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ackers, Jan 18, 2022.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  1. Oh Bugger!
    It's not easy for me to have a ride out without using the A272 or A32, and obviously Loomies is handy for a Coffee on the way home.

Although, having sat and listened to it, and experienced lots of bikes shall we say 'Pushing the boundaries of what's safe and socially acceptable' on those roads, I am not surprised that it's been ruined for the rest of us.

2. About time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Misery

They’ve often ‘clamped down’. It lasts a few weeks, normally start of spring and then mid summer, and fizzles out. There aren’t enough cops to check bikes. Just look out for the tax collector vans.

Good luck with the average speed cams, as it’s littered with side roads. And, if someone is one of those real knob heads, they just remove plate anyway!

I’d rather they invested their 677k in supporting women, men and children who are victims of domestic abuse with more training officers to deal with it. What a waste of cash. But then a smashed up woman doesn’t bring in revenue….

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. If I have understood a small statement in that article correctly, a system similar to one I’ve seen in Portugal looks as though it is going to be used, speed sensor controlled traffic lights. The lights turn red if you are detected above the speed limit at a point about 400 yards from where the lights are positioned. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. They’re going to have to stick a hell of a lot of cameras in, to accommodate all the side roads. Tbh, I’ll believe it when I see it.

I’ll continue to get my kicks on all the B and C roads, while those with no control take the focus off of my wrongdoings.

6. Thise have been around in Spain for years. Forgot about them…

7. I never bother with Loomies. But I like the idea that whilst the plod are busy there, I'm elsewhere having a blast.

The closest I get is the crossroad as we belt down to chichester and beyond.

Got tailed once by a plod as we approached the crossroad, but fortunately some dumb ass on a v4 decided to wheelie as he turnt left to Loomies. Haha sucker.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I pop to Loomies on occasion, not too bad in the colder months but in summer especially seems to be a magnet for the d1ck heads.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You’ll fuck road riding off after Almeria… track riding makes road riding feel….. err, shite….

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thats the plan Mary. I'm retiring from road. So buying an R1 (selling 1299s) to start. I'll hopefully get some UK ones in before Almeria. Pani wont pass noise tests and cant be arsed with the faff. Just want a bog standard decent litre bike thats bullet proof and prob cheap to repair :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Totally agree.

Road riding is dangerous to your life and your license.

Track riding, especially Spain & Portugal, is a mind-blowing experience and worth every penny.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. I know them well ..... :)

I would describe them as "interesting " ..... mainly because everybody behind you knows
    that it was YOU wot dun it .....: unamused:

13. Jeez, think we have found a bunch a Victor Mildred on this thread! Road riding is ace, get to meet with mates, take the piss, see different places and race any time you like! Sure, you have diesel spills, leaves, animals, people, other vehicles, plod, pot holes, drain covers, soft verges to worry about but that’s…oh hold on….you may have a point…

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. I like road riding for all the reasons you mentioned :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. @Mary Hinge, @Paul55, depends on what you want from road riding. I’m enjoying my road riding more today than I have done for years. Speed restrictions don’t bother me mostly, although riding in Oxfordshire tests your patience but I’m out to enjoy the ride. Plenty of technical and engaging minor roads with a bacon butty at the end of them if you can be bothered to find them. I probably do between 200 or 300 miles a month on Observed rides, 2000 miles on a “big” trip once a year and overall 7000 to 9000 a year in total. Love it, just love it. Andy

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. They trialed the noise camera a year or two ago, to catch the twats who can't help but ride past Loomies like they are doing some kind of display. Bikers had their warning when that happened. Since I've seen plenty who can't manage to control themselves just for that 50mph crossroad and hold off until they get out of the red limits.

It won't stop me going occassionally and there are plenty of great roads leading off it which are still nationals and don't have many homes to disrupt.

17. The roads in SE are pretty shit tbh, if I lived oop north, maybe different. But Im in Surrey, just inside M25 J6. Plus Im driving Miss Daisy on 4 wheels, but a homocidal maniac on 2. Ive got to, before I die.

Shoulder x2
    Wrists Both x2
    All ribs on lhs
    Most on rhs
    Several fingers either dislocated or broken
    Right ankle dislocated and twisted. No idea how it didnt break as it wasnt facing the right way
    Umpteen bruises/abrasions

This is so far, not much in my >40yrs of riding. Typically never broke fuck all on Lambrettas. I bounced lots tho. But as Ive got older...

TBF a lot of the above was on the KTM300EXC as I commuted from Surrey to Euston. That bike was a right laugh. I did it on knobblies with mooshies still inside for about a year. I think I commuted on one wheel for most of it too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Very impressed with your injury list, but cannot help thinking track attrition rate is far lower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I can state 100% agree: the roads are shit! I’m now 20 min or so, maybe little more, from welsh border and all the roads between are ace! Changes your opinion of road riding

Do Not Sell My Personal Information