1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Actual Rules-riding Our Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Symon Moore, May 6, 2020.

1. Especially the monkeys..

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Only French monkeys....

3. Spanner?

Oh pants, wrong thread, soz,
    Back to word association page....

4. I gather circus pub monkeys don't travel that far South.

5. Shouldn’t that be, ‘far sarf’?

6. Did they burn their bridge ‘cross the Rubicon before they came to it?

7. No. Fire terrifies them.

8. Crikey I don’t usually get past 2 minutes 50 ....credit to ye

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. guess not......

10. To tell the truth I saw very few bikes out while I was riding, assumed everyone had been told to get back to work :joy::joy:

11. Saw quite a few bikes out the past couple of days. Good to see. But a bit concerned about riders meeting up/stopping at the usual haunts. Riding surley is social distancing but stopping in the likes of Hawes , boxhill or wherever, ??!!. Come on dudes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I went to Helmsley on Thursday, the pie shops and ice cream parlours were open for ‘visitors’
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, everyone was happy, no sour faces. About 15 bikes and 30 cars there. Locals were all smiley. Everyone following social distancing rules.
    Isn’t this acceptable to the new rules? If not I will stand corrected :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sounds grand. I'm off to Helmsley x. Local businesses probably crying out for punters. Riders too close for comfort where I've been.

14. https://www.thesun.ie/news/5429388/nurse-lockdown-louts-hospital-coronavirus/

I think there are a couple of issues. Firstly, the effect it is having on NHS staff, as above.

Secondly, why not have a league table with the different areas of the UK rated against the R value? The lower the R value, the more we get to go out. Here in London it is at about 0.4, other places at 1.0, so let London get back to work and play more fully earlier.

Certainly, a lot more bikes out around my way yesterday, and I am looking forward to getting out soon, but I don't think it will be in the old DSC style and it will be more of a bimble until the hospitals are back to being closer to normal operation. The post from the Doctor here earlier about amputation being more likely than spending the time to fix a limb is still fresh in my mind.

15. Well, this is the way I look at t, I’ve been ok to tour the country in my van to do my job sticking in loads of miles on motorways and that’s been fine, so why shouldn’t I go out on my bike now? I’ve seen loads of cyclist over the las t 8 weeks or so wobbly around the roads, they are at as much risk of needing a Hospital as we are on our bikes. I don’t ride like a Twat (yes I know an accident could be someone else’s fault)
    I also think we would’ve been safer over the last 8 weeks as there hasn’t been many cars on the road so less likely that Granny Groves will pull out on us in her Nissan Micra!

Just my tuppence worth

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. True, towns like Worthing, Eastbourne And other shriv Mecca’s have never been so safe to visit

17. Wilts , Dorset & Somerset meander - quite a few bikes out, one or two larger groups. Probably less than a normal sunny Sunday morning. Couple cop cars.

lots of wobbly cyclists maybe 4 times more than you’d normally see

NO CARAVANS. Hurrah !!

no one had to saw off my leg at the side of the road either - win win

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. I'm not sure they perform amputations at the roadside, that'd be some good work though if it were required.

The more practice these wobbly cyclist have the less they'll wobble, unless the wobble you mention isn't the bike wobbling but something else wobbling?

Still not out on any of mine, just because I haven't time with jobs to do around the house, might grab a wobble on my cycle later though.

19. S
    ome discussion on the ukgser forum about the standard of riding. Someone has gone to the trouble of doing a plate check on the V4s.

20. Power wheelie :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information