1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Actual Rules-riding Our Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Symon Moore, May 6, 2020.

1. Were you on my hard drive? I thought I had it locked down?

Rex

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I can just about switch a laptop on, youre safe :)

3. nice...even the birds paused to listen :joy:

4. Not sure I catch your drift Scud but will try and answer :bucktooth:
    Who is riding? The Lycra clad, serious road cyclist, the ones who never say a word when passing me on my MTB.

I was riding my Triumph at the time a lycra clad nearly took me out.

Do I offer advice? Only for a fee ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. So it looks as long as you continue social distancing pleasure trips are ok. Or did I read that wrong?

• Like Like x 2
  6. No, that is what I took away from Boris’s lecture. From Wednesday we can make journeys for leisure purposes. By car or other means.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. If golf courses are opened for two balls with 10 minute intervals in tee off times then for me riding my bike is acceptable, after all I am further away and wearing a helmet.

And you can drive to exercise, almost sorted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sorry bud, it was in my highlighting of your comment it just tickled me. Here below is the part you typed

very badly ridden road cyclists

9. upload_2020-5-10_19-35-11.png

That doesn't advocate for pleasure trips. It infers you can drive to other destinations to take unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise. It doesn't word it clearly... it doesn't say you cannot make trips using a vehicle purely for pleasure. It does say you can use a vehicle (car was the given example) to get to work, and if you cannot work from home and can maintain social distancing then you should go to work, rather than stay at home.

It's not clear. Boris cannot communicate unambiguously, this is about as clear as he gets. I don't read that as "go for a pleasure ride", YMMV.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I could go for a long ride and take a short walk?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Pretty clear to me.
    Roll on Wednesday when I will be out riding for as long and as far as I like.
    Won’t be stopping for coffee though.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. upload_2020-5-10_20-3-18.png

13. Been out since the start, had no issues, seen the plod loads. So clearly either law on our side or, they don't care, even so, not stopped. Make sure I'm on my own, what's the issue?

14. You're right! That should have read; "There are some road cyclists who ride very badly around here..."
    That's why I didn't get an A :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. I knew as probs all who read it what you were conveying, it was just the mental image in my head of a Lycra clad roadie being ridden my someone/something lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. so,
    worst case, ride with a flask and sneakers in your rucksack. Have a walk at your destination.
    Best case, ride where you like, with a flask in your rucksack coz u aint getting no refreshments.

17. Yes. But avoid Wales and Scotland for now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. How was it pretty clear , on what basis will it be acceptable on Wednesday ? Not looking for a fight just don't see at all how it gave a sensible and legal ok ?

19. Fuck yes. Freeeeedom!!

bollocks I sold my road bike

• Like Like x 1
  20. It was very clear - cars and motorcycles are not treated differently :thinkingface:

#140 Exige, May 10, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information