1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Actual Rules-riding Our Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Symon Moore, May 6, 2020.

1. I could go for a long ride and take a short walk?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Pretty clear to me.
    Roll on Wednesday when I will be out riding for as long and as far as I like.
    Won’t be stopping for coffee though.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. upload_2020-5-10_20-3-18.png

4. Been out since the start, had no issues, seen the plod loads. So clearly either law on our side or, they don't care, even so, not stopped. Make sure I'm on my own, what's the issue?

5. You're right! That should have read; "There are some road cyclists who ride very badly around here..."
    That's why I didn't get an A :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I knew as probs all who read it what you were conveying, it was just the mental image in my head of a Lycra clad roadie being ridden my someone/something lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Monday we will get the full version but i read the same into that - you can go to the beach as long as you remain 2m apart.... and you can go to other destinations to exercise, maybe there will be a restriction on how far away you can go... have to se tomorrow.

8. so,
    worst case, ride with a flask and sneakers in your rucksack. Have a walk at your destination.
    Best case, ride where you like, with a flask in your rucksack coz u aint getting no refreshments.

9. Yes. But avoid Wales and Scotland for now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. How was it pretty clear , on what basis will it be acceptable on Wednesday ? Not looking for a fight just don't see at all how it gave a sensible and legal ok ?

11. Fuck yes. Freeeeedom!!

bollocks I sold my road bike

• Like Like x 1
  12. It was very clear - cars and motorcycles are not treated differently :thinkingface:

#152 Exige, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Simple. In my mind it is 100% clear that I can ride unlimited miles so long as I adhere to social distancing.
    Other people’s mind may work differently which is their prerogative.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. he said you can drive to other places. golf and tennis courts are reopening, and our sport makes far more for the government though taxation, we must do our bit

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Well, if it’s not pissing down at the weekend I’m out on mine. Nothing said about no essential travel. I’ve been working all lockdown then coming home to house arrest so I’m going out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Are you talking about tennis or golf being our sport?

17. I would think he means MptoGP SBK etc Trackdays (fuel taxes, road tax etc)

18. no you wouldn’t be breaking the law. What if your only form of transport was a bike? Then you would have to use it to pick up your files.

whilst going for a pleasure ride would be breaking the law. Going shopping for food or going to work or a medical appointment etc is allowed and shouldn’t be frowned upon

19. Technically you were breaking the law doing this. As it is only bike shops who are allowed to do this. But you knew that right hence the ladders

20. Anyone got a old golf club or fishing rod I can have?

Looking forward to strapping it to the bike so I can go out and get some exercise :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information