1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Actual Rules-riding Our Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Symon Moore, May 6, 2020.

1. First ride of the year yesterday.Only 30 miles but great to get back out.
    Don't ride now over winter but these extra two months off the bike have felt like eternity.
    Note:after 15 miles I took my daily exercise and returned home.

2. My first ride was postponed due to weather yesterday - but a scorchio sunny morning was all that was needed today.

Went up to Helmsley where Thomas's was open for sausage rolls and a bacon pastry. Then over to Pickering. Malton and back roads to Murton to call at my mates motorcycle emporium... which had quite a strange mix of things going on...

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

3. Just googled 'Thomas's'.Looks a good place for a pasty(bake in todays mordern world) if I get over that way.

4. I just don't understand these people.As the saying goes''give them an inch and they'll take a mile''.
    Deliberately stayed away from the usual haunts,didn't want to upset the locals but obviously not everyone thought the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Helmsley was quite busy, about 15 bikes in the car park and 30 cars - people walking around - some shops open, including the ice cream shop. Not one grumpy face - locals queuing for a bus exercising social distancing as was everyone else and all happy in the sunshine. Didn't see one frown, the lock down rules have changed and in Helmsley it seems everyone has accepted it and are being responsible :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  6. How about away from the machine-gun towers? Same story?

7. Had some nasty looks from hikers in the dales.
    Or maybe their piles were playing up.
    Either way f:mad:ck them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. It’s only 2 metres, I’ve not thought about it much but I don’t think I’ve stood much closer to my mate in ‘normal’ times TBH. At work I social distance but that’s because I have my own work area effectively out of bounds to all others.

I’ve been told by who I work for that if I feel that it’s not a safe working area to advice them.

9. I'm running at 1:1 on bike to horse riding accidents causing brain injury. Officially, neither were my fault but I can sue an insured car driver, whereas trying to sue a horse wasn't recommended. The bloody horse owed me thousands but didn't seem worried - as long as there was more horse food available!

10. Always best to insure horses too IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. They are quite tasty too if you make escalopes!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Never tried but horses for courses I suppose.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Yet, if you owned a retail establishment... and you were making coin...
    The view would be different. People should avoid the place completely when this is over. Then watch the same people complain they have to drive 2 towns away to buy stuff because their local shops closed for lack of business.

Same over here.
    create a place where everyone wants to live...'
    Then when land owners sell so that people can move in the people already there hate it...
    YET
    The people before those people felt the same way when they moved in...

Rex

14. If you had Hartlepool pencilled in for a ride out this weekend you are being requested to stay away by the council.
    Thousands of potential visitors will be heartbroken :joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Out at work on mine today!! 7C9841EF-3CF9-49DB-B749-B1D1A0C3FF1D.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. Has the Robinson had a belt service too?

17. Flight balancing check 5604117E-365E-48E4-B19A-9295AC1683E0.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. dont suppose you saw 2 rsv4s and a triumph speed RS?
    we did 200miles from malton round dales yesterday, got mixed responses, cafe in Masham said they were pleased to see us. It was a ghost town, but for the queue outside co-op.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information