1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the 'Anyone going to Boxhill today?' thread

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Peter who:thinkingface:

2. you could start a whole new TV science fiction prog right there!

3. probably

4. 9238EF25-0731-465C-AD75-E5D665548967.jpeg at Route 66 Burger Bar Portsmouth

• Like Like x 1
  5. don’t forget, Ryka’s (cafe at the bottom of Boxhill just off the A24 near Dorking) is now open until 9pm on a Wednesday, starting from tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Who is that on the right in the Slayers t-shirt, Chris? It isn't Paul, is it?

7. it’s @Count @PeterT and Simon (as you are looking at them) I always try to make a point of taking pictures of anyone on the day who greets me with a friendly smile/hello ;);) - John was otherwise engaged at the time. :upyeah:

#8827 Chris, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  8. There were a few more of us there - hence the number of bikes in the photo above!!

9. Thanks. I will go for a sight test next week after all.

10. Hope y’all enjoyed the burgers there :)
    Met up with Urbanfireblade & stuck local, riding the leafy lanes near https://www.dimarino.co.uk/ and grabbed a cuppa at the RSPB Pulborough Brooks Café, Wiggonholt, Pulborough RH20 2EL
    Glorious views!

D9755FB2-9A63-47B9-AAF3-A7E75282C785.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. As said by many, roads were truly deserted yesterday around midday particularly, I’ve never been through Petworth before when it’s reminded me of a ghost town.

12. That makes it “Special”.....geddit??

I’ll get mi coat...

It was also deserted when I rode through in the late afternoon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. There were four cars in Petworth when I went through it. Traffic nightmare.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Planning on being at Box by 11:00. You about @Chris

15. You picked the right day John, having said that, tomorrow’s temperature looks okay and surely it can’t be thunderstorms all day?

16. Went to the bike show at the Shelley arms in Broadbridge Heath where I met Stuart.
    Splendid afternoon, band playing and lots of interesting bikes, including V8 choppers, fabulous Tritons, in fact the most eclectic mix of bikes I've seen for ages.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bah...much too far away for me!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lighting and thunder forecast from 10:00pm tonight, and for the next 3 days.
    My favorite thing, love a violent storm, Newlands corner might be a good viewing point if it all kicks off!

19. Last storm knocked out my broadband for a week...lightning strike on the telegraph pole outside my house!
    Fakkin loud!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information