1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the 'Anyone going to Boxhill today?' thread

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Toddlers toy

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FCC6E88A-0D03-419B-89AA-D544D987099B.jpeg brought back memories R, I had to take a left-hand drive version of that car back from an AGM once, we went home via a Gales pub in Horndean back along the A3. The engine had been totally reconditioned and run in so I “gave it its head” seeing off a Fulvia 1600 (only in a straight line) in the process.

• Like Like x 2
  3. @Chris - what is that Lancia that I saw? Is it special?

4. I think it’s a Flaminia GT Superleggera Coupe :thinkingface: v.nice

#8945 Exige, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It's a Flaminia Richard - I can't quite see enough from the picture but I think it is a GT and I would call it special as less than 2000 were made and it was much nicer than the GTL (moo). Prices are all over the place but a sound one could be 100K upwards, however the most desirable Flaminia by far was the Sport or Super Sport by Zagato

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. as you love to correct me many times Stu - have to say you are 'showing your origins' ;) as would not normally have "superleggera" in the title on it's own as this refers to the construction method* rather than the coachbuilder (Touring).

*always proudly emblazoned wherever possible by Touring, and quite rightly too.

7. 36FDC7CE-AC2C-438A-BF6E-E200A7FB43B4.jpeg

8. I'm still trying to work out if you are angry with me...………... :eyes:

9. This was on the Alfa...

0EF0065A-061D-4F86-B32C-5BE170AE912C.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Had the day off today...
    Took the Baby R on its first long run to Moto Rapido ( passed on congrats to Wilf for yesterday), back to Petworth, over Duncton Hill to Bury and home.
    That R is fakkin lovely but they’ve totally spoilt the A272 with double whites and silly speed limits...so I took it nice and steady :innocent:.
    The only bad thing is it keeps cutting out randomly on tickover...they all do that sir...:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  11. 80B889E5-97FF-44A4-B83F-291A14F38A18.jpeg

Had a leisurely ride out to the Chalet followed by a trip to The Motorcycle Workshop in Bolney. Tony the proprietor couldn’t do enough to help us with our chain query and everyone was very friendly. They make this retro Kawasaki creation there from new.

• Like Like x 4
  12. cancelled now due to weather.....Great.
    Been at box this morning not many out.....wonder why?
    Oh yes the rain.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. [​IMG]

shame

• Like Like x 1
  14. Revisited the motorcycleworkshop mentioned by Chris above to return the split chain link lent to me by Tony yesterday. Despite being extremely busy, Tony found time to drop what he was doing to check the swaging on my soft chain link. Top man, proper old school motorcycle workshop.
    Will definitely consider going there again in the future if I need anything done.

• Like Like x 2
  15. John...what happened to your chain??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information