1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the 'Anyone going to Boxhill today?' thread

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Yes, the first year of swinging arm frames for Triumph, she's a beauty, lovely photo Chris, not to concerned with the other Grey porridge..................:p

2. DD201AC5-F39A-4582-AF72-69AFC50C4DA8.jpeg

“the” numberplate!!

• Like Like x 4
  3. there's movement in the trousers Chris.........:blush:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. What a fine looking specimen,tell me was it in mint condition as the cameraman was aiming towards the sunlight.:thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. only way i could get the plate plus wasn't sure how long he was staying.

no, not mine Viv, I couldn't even start it - kick only. Someone speculated that the owner had put a showplate on it, a bit far fetched.. :thinkingface: couldn't guess at the plate value but bike could be 20k plus, needed @Pete1950 there to confirm authenticity, some bits didn't look quite right but not an anorak in that area.

6. i fookin am..........

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. @Chris comes up as a 900ss 31st/dec/1979 in silver with 10,882km's on the speedometer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. and this is the bit where you tell me you owned one once..

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. well..........

iom trip..jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. ok...... so you stood next to one back in the day..... and..... ?:thinkingface::)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. foiled again Moriarty................:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Not easy to puzzle out, with the sun flare in the photo. But as far as I can see it's a post-1978 900 engine, a 1974-style petrol tank, and pre-1978 wire wheels. Paint is more like a 750SS roundcase than a 900. Still, I wouldn't kick it out of the garage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Warning: The police were out in force yesterday. There is an 'operation' going on. They were pulling loads over inc us. A soft one as we had crossed a solid line (to safely overtake a panda doing 20 in a 40) but we did, so took it on chin. I think the purpose was to just give us all a warning. The police were decent and just doing their job. As painful as the £100 vanity tax (small number plate) incidental and also forgot my MOT was in oct. (oops), so £200 sobs and a lecture. Could've been worse. (it was for the two lads who went past us at light speed). The operation continues today. So please beware around rykers and heading to winchester etc. There are also parked camera vans aplenty.

Careful. :)

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. @bootsam - good shout. Tons of rozzers around today. Rode like a pussy so hopefully nothing impending in the post.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bury Hill today: one plain clothes blue Audi (pulled a bike when we were there); one plain clothes grey golf; one marked car; one camera van on Bury hill; one camera van in Fittleworth; FOUR marked police bikes waiting at the bottom of Bury hill - two on each side of the road......
    Rubbish day for riding out, really. Surely they have better places to be than this? There is so much horrid crime around .....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Loads out around there today, they were promoting safe riding............Apparently:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  17. well it seemed to work.. could be worse. I went into London today and had to pinch myself at the amount of roads that are now set at 20 mph, complete with speeding cameras. Roads where there was plenty of width and visibility, no schools in sight. But looking at the whole picture, if someone came out of a side turning without warning then you almost certainly wouldn't hit them. So overall, when it comes to preserving life/preventing injuries.. :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. "Safe riding" ok , dark visors and small number plates... don't get me wrong though, I'm all for riding safely. At least for the next few weeks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I wouldn't have spotted that R.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information