1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Baron's New Bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Robarano, Jun 16, 2018.

1. I prefer BvG to Henry Cole. He’s a prize twonk. Still, prefer motorbikes on telly to not motorbikes on telly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. I agree, it's a shame there aren't any decent presenters up for it though. Guy Martin was ok, bit grubby looking and plays on his origins a bit too much.
    There needs to be more investment in the subject, like back on the old days when we had class presenters.....Top Gear for example!
    ;)

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The 1st time I saw one of his videos, like many others, was when he went green laning on his GSXR. :eek: I thought "What a knob". But when he explained how it happened, it was funny. He must have been crapping himself and felt like a right tool at the time. :laughing:

I've watched him for years now and he comes over as a good bloke with a great sense of humour. I find him very honest and entertaining to be fair to him. It's easy for people to criticize his videos, but I certainly couldn't do better. I wish I was having some of the experiences he is. :upyeah::)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Sounds exactly the same as lamb chop or visa versa..
    Really odd..
    I like their videos regardless :thinkingface:

5. He is a cock and always will be.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. My favorite motorcycle sound is a ZX10R at high revs.

7. Good point. If it is just a race engine, it's probably intended to run on decent race fuel. Probably explains it.

8. yeah heres the one i watched, it was stolen recovered so they're just giving it some stock runs, no messing about with ignition or anything.

Then about 5.45 in they're just finishing giving it a basic run and they mention pump gas at 93 octane

9. Thats a lorra money to risk in the kitty litter. But its his money, his choice. A normal HP4 wouldve been a safer bet for me. No carbon frame, swingarm etc to smash but just as potent. But if you have the money to cover all that and its 5k £12k service, then why not?

I dont like his vids as his voice grates on me. Im sure he's perfectly charming in real life, but then again I rarely watch bike vids anyways. I find them all a bit too shite if im honest. The prolific use of hard rock guitar shite does my nut in in those vid types. Dunno if Baron does that too, but if he starts using old rare soul, i may be a convert.

My fave sound is the sound of my clipper lighting my evening bifter after a hard days work.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I met him briefly a couple of times and like the bloke. It's always difficult developing a public 'media face' whether you are a blogger or a motogp racer. Hats off to him for buying his dream bike, thats an epic buy for sure. If I was to spend £70k on a bike then I wouldn't want all the road junk weighing it down or compromising it's performance so I'd be seriously tempted by the HP4 Race over an SL2 just for that reason.

11. I raced a gen 3 bmws1000 last year and they are a awesome bike and on full throttle driving hard they have you smiling, I went against the norm and ran a full gianelli system so guess mine sounded different to most sound wise.

12. I think with his video's if you watch them with a view that he is a knob until proven otherwise, then you pick out the sarcasm as being full of himself. I did the first time with the 1199 video and slated him on here. Then I watched again with a slightly more open mind and listened to the things he was saying and have really enjoyed his content since.

If you actually listen to him in this video and break it down, he talks at length about how he really struggles as he is quite shy so apologises to anyone feeling he is unapproachable.

Also, he says that this bike is more than just wanting a good trackbike, it represents to him his 'dream' and something he has worked hard for and dug through the crap to get to. When you really listen, it's hard to believe anyone can make such sweeping statements of hatred for him.

Finally, worth remembering that if he was really middle of the road and never sarcastic or opinionated everyone would moan that he is dull!

• Like Like x 1
  13. He’s clearly a twat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. I’d never heard of him until I read this thread.

15. I hold no strong opinion of him or his style, but do admire that he’s had the chutzpah to make a go of social media and appears to have done well enough to get said BMW bike.

Would be far easier to just ride an armchair and whinge than do what he’s done.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Well, check out his Youtube channel and the sister channel, "44 Teeth"

He's clearly a bit Marmite, but I think he's spot on myself and will always watch his new content, even going back to some of his older stuff.

Baron Von Grumble - Youtube

44 Teeth - Youtube

#36 Robarano, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I was up at Bahnstromer on saturday when Baron was picking his new bike up ,been watching his channel for a few years ,i like him he comes across quite shy Well done him if thats what he wants to do good on him .The bike does sound awesome close up .

• Like Like x 2
  18. Does Exige mind being called the Baron of York:thinkingface:;)

19. I also hate that, why on earth do people assume that because you like motorbikes you immediately want to listen to some hard rock?

I can say 44 teeth definitely don't go down that route, in fact I'd say their soundtracks are usually pretty good, some very tongue in cheek 80's piss take stuff as they don't take themselves seriously, but most is decent modern hip hop breaks or similar, nothing too heavy.

It's refreshing to be honest, and quite amusing if you give them a chance

#39 damodici, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Think your first impression is spot on. Blokes a dick :D

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information