1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Baron's New Bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Robarano, Jun 16, 2018.

1. My favourite bike videos will always be the Fast bikes show with a young Shakey, Frosty and Jimarillo

• Like Like x 4
  2. I had that on VHS. :)

3. Wonder how he's made his money to buy that ?

4. Rent boy

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I've known Chris for years (although haven't seen him for many) - me and his brother Matt used to work together in the photographic industry. Chris is a director/founder at Dead Pixels, a tv animation company, which was doing well 10 years ago when i last went to their office. He had just bought his first bike then, the blue/white ltd edition CBR600.

Shows you, hard work does pay off, good luck to him.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blimey, just watched a 44T thing on the S1000RR Race. If I understood it correctly, it's 12,600 Euros for an engine exchange circa 5000km. I know that 5k track miles are quite a lot but that's still a mighty chunk of wedge outlay on the engine alone.

7. small but important correction, it's 12,600 Euros IF you wish to replace the engine to get one with a fresh warranty, otherwise it's your own risk. As he points out though, would any engine builder build an engine of World Superbike/Endurance spec and give you so much as a days warranty on it? I doubt it..

8. Yup, that's how I understood it. Basically a WSB engine with endurance heads. An amazing bike for sure but as with all things in life, not cheap!

I bet it munches through tyres at a rate of knots too....

9. Worth mentioning that (as far as I know) BMW are the only manufacturer that actually guarantee their race engines. You can pay ~£13000 for the race engine and if it blows in the two years they will ship you another one. It's one of the reasons most of the road racers use them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. My personal peeve is his sudden outburst(s) of swearing and the emotional content when he is talking about a machine.

11. Just watched The Baron's latest video. He speaks about just having bought a Ducati 916 :motorcycleduc: and it will be making an appearance soon. :) :upyeah:

A word of warning for @Ducbird .................. It's Yella o_O

• Like Like x 1
  12. Havent seen a vid from him for a while....i like the stability of the go pro 7 - thats really neat...

The only thing i find with the majority of you tubers is, they change their bikes faster that i change socks....so the fact he's got a 916 - great - but itll be gone by this time next year probably sooner...

13. He seems to buy and sell things on a whim. His 911 was nice, now gone. o_O

14. Yerp....i give the s1000rr 6 months tops....

15. Nice flame thrower. :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. My mv sounds epic with open pipes and that's an inline 4

17. He live-streamed today for 20-30minutes, really boring; then joanne benz waves & says "who am I saying hello too?"...whilst 944 people were on the stream. Awkward!

18. Kope did over that in his first year on track with the Pani.

19. Racing videos always look slower than they feel...even that looks fast...i spect he'll be on here soon as he said he bought a 916...

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information