1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 The Best Value Multi?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Dave, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Couldn’t agree more
    It will sound awful if it’s a decat with stubby end can

And I will second a remap at CJS if you go for a decat, Chris said my set up was the most Bhp he had found on a Multi to date, when he did mine

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thought I would add my comments further to @bradders highlighting we have twinspark Multi GT.

Similar to you @Dave, when we purchased our Multi last year I was trying to establish which version and therefore budget would give us the best balance of value for money plus the features that would be of most benefit.

The minimum spec I was looking at was S or PP, with history, condition and then price being the priority.

Initially I thought a early S would be ideal as the rawness of the engine with the Ohlins appealed, but having test ridden one back to back with a twin spark the twin spark was so much smoother with better fuel economy, plusher ride from the skyhook and better reliability. Further more the GT model adds all the extras that make it in the the ideal touring package (Extra large side panniers, top box, DP comfort seats, driving lights, touring screen and side protection bars).

Personally comparing the DVT and the twin spark I didn’t find I liked the way I sat on the DVT, the styling isn’t to my liking and I could justify the extra cost.

We ended up with a low mileage GT, it’s been a cracking bike. But this is just my opinion ;)

F7405567-9286-4941-8C97-59BB52898F71.jpeg

#62 t3scn, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. You'll love the Mutley I'm on my 4th and 5th ones at the moment.
    I've always wanted to buy a mint 2010-2012 PP and thought I might be able to get that last one.
    I don't like the newer DVT models looks.
    I've got loads of spares for the 2010-2012 and the twin spark,... must really get them listed and sold.
    Since it's you I'd let the 2013 bike go for £11,500 if you become interested.

4. Yep, buy that one

That's my 2p

5. Is that the correct end can for the full system ?? Will it not be ridiculously loud if using the standard end can with decat pipes ??

Edit, sorry, just read above....Doh !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dave knows a lot about bikes..... he'll make the right choice..... as he did with heating / cooling his motorcycle garage.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information