1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coffee Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mac, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Any coffee aficionados out there? What machines/grinders/toys have you got? What are you drinking?

I've got a Sage Barista Express and a Niche Zero grinder. Currently drinking 'Born Sipping', an Ethiopian Yirgacheffe from Neighbourhood Roasters in Liverpool. Notes of liquorice, strawberry, white chocolate. OK as an espresso, but pretty good as a latte.

2. buy tesco white label and just put two spoons of the muck in. i caught a foody/coffee snob out that way once. best coffee he ever had.
    btw, good coffee is the drink of the gods.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rancilio Silvia and a Eureka Mignon, drinking Squaremile Roasters Red Brick which is currently 50/50 Costa Rica and Guatemala. They change their blend depending on supply so it mixes up slightly every month, keeps it interesting and I don’t have to think too much about what to buy. The roast is always the same so I don’t have to mess about with the grind too much either

• Like Like x 1
  4. Something from Aldi in Brive. Big jar for 5 euros . Very exotic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Decaffeinated :(

6. Plenty of quality decafs out there, Paul ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I have a problem with coffee that I am trying to get to the bottom of. I buy coffee beans and then grind them. I use the ground coffee in a coffee machine but it tastes sh1t. I buy the beans from Monsoon Coffee and they are helping me to get to the bottom of it. Current theory is that I do not grind the beans fine enough. I will also buy some ground coffee to prove that it is the grinder because if the water is too hot in the coffee machine then it can burn the coffee. If I let the coffee go cold and then pour it into a mug and add lots of milk with finishing it off in a microwave it is OK - not mind blowing good but just OK.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Could be lots of things. What machine is it? What beans are you using? How long past the 'roasted on' date are they? How many grams of ground beans are you using?

10. Isomac zafiro here, Isomac grinder. Generally my beans from 200 degrees in Nott’m. Locally roasted. Also Cartwheel coffee, another roaster in Nott’m worth a try

#12 Andy800, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rocket R58 + grinder. usually get my beans from Origin

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sainsburys own medium blend and the good old coffee press

14. Mars / Flavia machine and Italian roast at work - no charge, which is nice :D

15. I’ve been trying to cut out milk in my diet and as a result I’ve dug out the nespresso machine.
    Tasty coffee each morning and pods available from local Tesco.
    Only downside is it’s flashing amber light?
    Think it’s due a service!

16. Might be worth putting a cleaner through it. My nespresso didn’t like being stood for any length of time esp if it’s been fed with hard water, mixed with coffee oils it used to gum up

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. PG tips you bunch of gays!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I don't bother with perky copulators and that sort of thing anymore. Water is too hard in this area.

Get about three cups of coffee a day for two weeks and they pack up.

Large spoonful of Carte Noir or Kenco Rich does me OK now.

But what the F is that Costa stuff all about? Expensive, insipid, no strength at all.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information