1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon The Day Yuasa Died

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Mark9, May 22, 2020.

1. My Scrambler battery died last week, 4 years old and the bike in regular use, not very impressive!, anyway I ordered a Motobatt AGM replacement from M&P (I’ve only ever had good service from these batteries) , it arrived and is only 150CCA, the Yuasa was 210CCA, I am currently conversing with M&P to resolve this.

2. That's bad luck with the Yuasa! I've just bought a Motobatt battery for my ST2 from some trader on eBay. Happy with it so far.

3. Did you ever consider Lithium?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I had Lithium on my Monster. For the extra price and hassle of buying a different charger (which you don't need to now, if you have the right make of charger) I am unsure if it's worth the money. Yes, you save a bit of weight but I could achieve the same by just going on a diet!

5. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, there is nothing for M&P to resolve. The Motobatt AGM equivalent of the Yuasa YT12B-BS that you chose, doesn’t match the Yuasa for CCA. Andy

• Crap Crap x 1
  6. He could make up for it by fitting some super duper Start leads from Elise?

7. Motobatt are generally considered to be lesser quality than Yuasa which are market leaders and just as cheap through Halfords with the forum discount :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Right, at present they have just asked me to give them the ID of the original battery, if they come back with the above I’m not going to argue, it turns the bike over fine, I was just concerned that it seemed a low CCA and wanted to know if they had made a mistake.

9. Ive always found them to be really good batteries for a good price Exige, I have one on my very rarely used 750 SOHC, it hold its charge incredibly well, I can leave it untouched for 6 months and find it’s around 13v, it’s on it’s side under the tail fairing which I couldn’t do with a lead acid of course, I’ve used them for years on various bikes so I choose them due to personal experience really.

10. There are always exceptions, I have an unbranded cheapo battery on my R1 that must be 10 years old now and it's still going strong. But CCA is always king with big V Twins :):upyeah:

11. Doesn’t need them Aircon, starts immediately on the stock leads, modern fuel injected and all that, I’ve got some of Exige’s leads on my M900 and they work fine, fitted by the previous owner, on my 900ss I’ve fitted a bigger earth cable, starts instantaneously on the button (although it didn’t before I set the carbs correctly and fitted the larger dia earth).

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Motobatt on my 748 has been on for 10 years and is still doing fine.
    Famous last words.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  13. Every Mottobatt I’ve had must’ve been an exception, lucky me! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. True, so you have had a lot then...…… :eyes:

:yum

15. Of course!, got one on my 900ss, came with the bike 4 or 5 years ago, not a problem so long as the reg rec is operating correctly, why have there been problems with them :)

• Funny Funny x 1

16. Yes, had a lot of bikes, always fitted Mottobatt , never had a problem, some of the bikes I’ve sold with the battery, other bikes I’ve still got with the battery still being trouble free, honestly it’s like talking to a ten year old sometimes with you Exige, I must find out how to put you on ignore:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. No idea... ;):kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. :)

19. It's impossible :innocent:

20. I’ll use the manual method then, after this post obviously:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information