1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon The Day Yuasa Died

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Mark9, May 22, 2020.

1. :eyes:

2. Hi Mark, have to say I'm surprised you have had no issues with them and 13v after 6 months is remarkable, presumably the bike was kept in a heated garage? My experience with two others who have gone through 5 of them in about 8 years is the opposite. Poor terminals, one that burst, one that had the case open up, variable build quality and none of them made it past 30 months. The low CCA issue didn't help, and the misselling by many sellers on ebay claiming them to be gel batteries (AGM use liquid acid) should raise concerns about what they allow as marketing information to sell the product. If you add the often premium price over the better quality ones they don't really make sense on a V twin. I hope your luck with them continues.

3. Cheers Denzil, I must be getting all the good ones and you all the bad ones!

4. M&P replied, “the actual requirement for your bike is 160CCA, so the battery we sent you is correct at 175CCA”, I have responded with a photo showing them they sent 150CCA:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. That is priceless and soooo M&P. Hope you get your money back. Andy

6. After much emailing including sending photos of the 150CCA battery with 150CCA stamped on it’s side M&P could not get it into their heads that this was the battery they sent :), so I gave up and accepted a refund, never had a problem with M&P before so I’ll regard it as a one off :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. M&P ..... Muppets and Pissheads :joy: Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I nearly stuck up for Victoria Cross then but it was Demon Tweeks she worked for o_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information