1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Detectorists.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by triari, Nov 15, 2015.

1. New BBC 2 comedy about mothers. Laugh out loud funny first episode. Get on iPlayer

2. I’m up to prog 4 so far as you can ‘binge’ on Player if you want. As you say, some priceless humour in there

3. Is it called Motherland?

4. Yes think so.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yes, The main character is excellent. I like her as an actress anyway but I never thought she would adapt to comedy this well

• Like Like x 1
  6. Animal Man. Bit racist. Lol

7. Genuinely sad tonight having watched the last one.
    Happy it worked out in the end for them but really didn’t want it to end :(

8. Subtle clever touch at the end with the coins.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. don't forget the one-off special tonight at 9 pm

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. It’s a quandary….bbc1 has a Xmas special death in paradise…best get one set for record!

11. Catch-up ya heathen!
    :)

12. Thanks for the heads up, will defo set the cats whisker to record this one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'll be watching tonight, detectorists is one of my favourite English comedies. All seasons are on the iPlayer too

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Just watched the special. Absolutely fantastic! What a wonderful programme, understated and glorious at the same time. Highly recommended.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. The cats whisker, your blinking ancient :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Just well informed

17. I'd never heard of the Detectorists series. I've now watched all of series one and most of series two after seeing this thread. Easy to watch, some funny lines, occasional priceless remark but I'm either missing the point or is it about nothing at all but the mundane life of a few odd balls?

18. Yes. It’s a very English pastime told well.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Some lucky bugger (don’t know him)near me hit a big pile of loot, split it with the land owner.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Replace scratching around in the dirt looking for artefacts for motorcycles and hey-presto it’s a mirror image of this forum!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information