1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Difference Between The 1100s And 1100evo Engine

Discussion in 'Monster' started by folbjo, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Hi,
    Have no hands on experience of the NCR race cams in stock engine. But based on the spec I would assume that ported heads and HC piston should go hand in hand to take full potential of the cams.
    I know that the combo Pistal piston, ported head, DP cams and 45mm exhaust rocks.
    Will know more later on what german Race cams, similar to NCR, will do.

2. Exciting info.
    I do not know if I go all in, but things usually take off completely, he he
    Looking forward to hearing your experiences with german Race cams hnracing.
    With the setup you mention, what is the estimated power in such an engine?

3. I red you reply on the 1100ds vs 1100evo engine. Currently I have a Hypermotard 1100 evo sp engine and a Monster 1100 DS engine. I was thinking of taking all the goodies from the Hypermotard engine and build an Monster 1100 evo sp engine using the lighter covers, stator, flywheel, heads, cilinders and pistons. But you mentioned a extra oil canal in the cilinder. Just wondering if these fits the casings from the Monster? And are there internal differences? For example the crank, is it different? I think it has another number. If it fits I maybe opting for a dual spark conversion in the evo head. But maybe it's single spark because of the new oil channel?

Those were a lot if questions;)

Hope to hear from you.

Best regards, Patrick

#23 3drickie, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  4. Hi,
    You say:
    I have a Hypermotard 1100 evo sp engine and a Monster evo engine.
    The only differences between the two engines are dry vs. wet clutch and the swingarmsetup.
    Unless the Monster evo engine is sourced from USA. In that case that engine can have the more heavy generator setup.

BR

5. My mistake I ment the Monster 1100DS engine

6. Ahhh!
    Hypermotard 1100 evo sp VS Monster 1100 DS engine
    I would just change the flywheel, generator and lefthand cover and the cams.
    No need to pull the cylinders, pistons & heads.
    But you can transfer the cylinders, pistons and heads from Evo to DS.
    The engine block do have a return for the oil.
    It is when you start to mix Horiz cylinder & Horiz heads between Evo & DS that you must be aware of the oil return issue.

BR

7. Ah, Thanks! I will open the evo sp engine and make some pictures....
    So you say no difference internal. How is the higher compression realised? Only the combustion chamber?

8. Hi,
    Regarding the stated change in compression from 1:10,7 "DS" --> 11,3 "Evo"
    I am not really sure what have been changed.
    If I had opened up the engine for changing the cylinders and pistons I would sourced some Pistal HC pistons.

9. 20211019_233146.jpg 20211019_233146.jpg

20211019_233152.jpg

20211019_233158.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. #30 3drickie, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  11. Should C-C the heads to compare the value.
    And do the same for the pistons.

12. Just spoke to someone who races these engines. He told me you can swap these barrels and pistons, evo and ds, horizontal an vertical, even mixed. He says the bigger and extra oil channel in the horizontal is not necessary.

13. 20211019_233146.jpg Hi,

Correct! You can mix the cylinders.
    But you need to handle the extra oil channel becasue it is there, even if it is not necessary.

In your pictures you can see that if you on the horiz cylinder mount a DS cylinder head on a Evo engine, you will have an issue.
    Because the DS head will not block the passage from the cylinder so you will end up with open passage from the crankcase. Which will give you a oil mist from there.

In the other picture you can see that if you on the horiz cylinder mount a Evo cylinder head on a DS engine, you will have an issue.
    Because the DS cylinder will not block the passage from the Evo cylinder head so you will end up with open passage from the head. Which will give you a oil mist from there.

When I mounted my CJS ported DS head on my M1100 EVO engine I got the Oil mist and ended up threading the oil return passage in the evo cylinder with M12 and screwed in a M12 stop screw to block the passage. Which works fine for me.

CYl.jpg
    View attachment 252875

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. My thoughts

15. Hi shirt
    My monster has a Werks slip on fitted but do not really like the looking it, noticed you have fitted an SC slip on to yours are you happy with it as I am thinking of buying one, did you buy an Evotech mount for it also ?
    Also noticed you have taken off O2 sensors and exhaust valve, how easy are these to remove ? And is it 100% essential to then have the ECU reflashed
    Thanks
    Steve
    Any photos may help

16. Hi Steve,

I must admit I didn't try it without the reflash. I sent the ecu away, ordered the parts I needed, then went away for a bit with work, putting it all together on my return. I still have a DP ecu, might be worth swapping them over next time its in bits.

Yes I'm very happy with the SC slip on [GP-M2]. Its bloody loud, to the extent I've got a db killer on its way. I usually ride with custom earplugs and it doesn't bother me tbh, just I ride to work and back through winter and I can't sneak in and out the car park with the SC on! Its notably louder [barkier, not as deep rumble] than the shotgun termis.

Yes, got the evotech hanger and would deffo recommend it. 02 sensors were easy to remove. I got an eliminator kit with the bungs and plugs, dead easy. Valve you can disable with various company's tuning boxes, but I went the whole hog. Removed the flap from the exhaust and welded up the holes, removed the servo and the bits under the seat.

Not many pics with me but you can see the 02 bung on the first one. Don't think about wrapping the exhaust. Looks great, but means taking the subframe off to refit it in one piece.

ETA: SC's customer service is shocking btw. I ordered the db killer via Conquest Racing just so I didn't have to bother with the factory again.

d1.jpg
    d2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hi Patrick.

Have you decided what you're doing engine wise, and what parts of the evo lump would be for sale afterwards?

Still looking for another evo engine for my 848 project.

18. Sorry no parts for sale. Only a complete Hypermotard 1100 EVO engine with DS barrels/ pistons and heads. Eerything else I need for building my own M1100 EVO DS engine;)

19. so, no but yes?

20. Yes and no;) only a complete engine no parts

Do Not Sell My Personal Information