1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Face

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by XH558, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Turing :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. With the armistice centenary on our doorstep maybe the.... The Unknown Soldier.

• Like Like x 1
  3. But what does his face look like? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Found him.... a very young man:upyeah: hqdefault.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Saw this in Apple news from the guardian

Margaret Thatcher could be on new £50 note after being deemed a 'scientist' by Bank of England

6. Tom Cruise.

He is some kind of scientist if I remember right....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would
    Like Del Boy to be on it with a little note underneath saying this time next year we’ll
    Be millionaires

8. Turing or Ada Lovelace

9. Joey Dunlop

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anne Frank

• Like Like x 1
  11. Apparently Maggie was involved in a "scientific" process that injected cold air into ice cream. It made the ice cream look bigger but in reality you got less for your money. Quite like the hot air in her speeches. At least when she tricked people with science they did get some ice cream.

#32 Jez900ie, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sounds about right, the bank of England site says that it has to be a deceased female scientist, surely they can do better than that

13. Many people would be outraged if they put Maggie on the note. Personally I don't think it will happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I find that picture flipping upsetting, we really should not forget but I know we do.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Choose a fine upstanding British person like
    Churchill's Mum
    Guy Gibson
    Saint George
    Sandy Toksvig
    Bono
    Duke of Edinburgh

Do Not Sell My Personal Information