1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Grand Tour - Series 3

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Starts today. :upyeah:

Not sure what to think of the new McLaren Senna. 790 BHP and no doubt brilliant, but it has a whiff of Noble to it in the looks dept imo. :thinkingface:

Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 09.23.38.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 09.20.45.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. same ol shoit different channel and time..

3. I was wondering who'd be 1st. :) Congrats Andy. :party:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. you like that shoite?.............maybe 10 years ago it was funny....

5. Maybe closest to modern day F40, in that it's very track focused, but road legal? Not pretty (unlike the F40), but certainly impressive.

Not sure I agree with use of the Senna name either - he had no input into it for obvious reasons, and how do we know he would have approved? Just seems like cashing in on his name. For comparison, at least Senna got to approve, ride the Monster Senna (yes, I know the Monster in that link isn't actually a Senna). There's also more credibility to the 1199 Panigale S (in the same colour scheme Ayrton chose), that was only sold in Brazil - less of a cashing in, more of a tribute.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Love the Twitter ad they did

#amazonshitcarshow

7. You were quite funny 10 years ago too :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. A bit ugly. Much prefer the 720S. Nice track toy for one of those oligarch blokes I suppose...

• Like Like x 1
  9. If it's a freebie for a very long weekend around the nuremburgring,then that's ok by me:upyeah:

10. Is the criteria to be funny? I like the cars, and do find bits of it funny. :upyeah:

You don't have to watch it if you don't like it. Hell, you don't even have to comment on it. :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Surely a McLaren link, however tenuous is more justifiable than any Ducati Senna bike? :thinkingface: It's the brand I would most closely associate him with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I like the Grand Tour .....and TG.....all puerile nonsense mind and often past it's sell by date.....but I still come back for more.......

Watch all the re-runs on Dave with my lads......much to the annoyance of Mrs GH.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Very clever

AD2E9E7D-C5AD-4D0D-BFDD-886C938615E7.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Not seen any of them - when is it coming on Dave? :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. ffs .......same old shit

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 20.31.40.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. :cool::astonished::punch:

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Watched it yesterday really enjoyed it I know a lot of it’s scripted and setup but I really enjoyed it , the newer top gear they try and be banterish and that but it just doesn’t work at all it’s just unnatural , they’d be better just making top gear a normal motor show and leave the laddish banter to the pros (may, clarkson and Hammond)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GT is changing after this series to be roadtrips only. No studio/laptimes stuff. I actually think the specials are what they are most entertaining at, so it should be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tried to watch episode 1 of the new series, woke up at the end... Will try with episode 2 and see what happens.

The trio were entertaining in their day but I feel that, for me at least, the engaging factor has now passed. It's just a case of a rinse - repeat formula...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information