1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Ducati Forum Bake Off

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by West Cork Paul, Mar 22, 2020.

1. My yorkshires today

C1B428D9-25B8-468B-9053-21DFABB60878.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. They look really good, well done and thanks for taking part, keep it up:upyeah:

3. Oh my, oh my, oh my, those are excellent:upyeah:, no way I can compete with them. I concede now :(.

4. Bit creepy :eyes:

5. High time you made something, what better to start with than Yorkshire pudding, seeing as how you’re in York, you could make one giant one and fill it with phal curry:)

• WTF WTF x 1
  6. More bread as starter not ready !

0F9575B0-C361-4A25-86B0-C7E84E10B5DE.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bit late, but daughter ate the ones I made, decided she really liked scones and made some more.

3FB7113E-6436-436C-ADBF-3D08E506322F.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  8. They were obviously good if she ate them all.
    Well done on the new ones:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Fed up with waiting for instructions so did a sourdough - not bad for a first attempt cooked in a Dutch oven , did chocolate chip cookies to yesterday , although that might have been the day before I’m loosing track of time 3E82F8EE-2435-46AB-BD69-C16772EF2C00.jpeg

83FA2C2E-1510-456D-9950-E846ED613798.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  10. o_O:(

Sorry Char:(

My starter culture went back to sleep again.

Anyway. that bread looks amazing, I'd be very pleased with that, what's it like inside?

As for the cookies, they look a lot more presentable than mine:confused:

Well done.

@apatchy you're a mung bean, this is the bake off thread not the salad thread:)
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. AE4A656E-9B6C-40F9-B15B-53402A435CD3.jpeg
    FB29DF07-53A3-4250-AAE3-8D9782C35EEB.jpeg 60276E46-A098-4DCE-8D41-0537C2689EE7.jpeg

Coconut pimento cake.

Flour
    Eggs
    Butter
    Sugar
    Coconut milk
    Desiccated coconut
    Pimento pepper
    Blackcurrant jam

There’s probably other stuff in there as well as she likes to improvise :)

That’s not usually part of the recipe but we had no pineapple, plus she was tired after walking the dog and couldn’t be bothered to make buttercream. We’ll be eating it with custard or cream anyway, so it doesn’t really need anything to make it moist.

#211 Zhed46, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. All good inside and all eaten

• Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  13. excellent Z. feeding your hunger, and the pervs on here. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Blimey how did you pull that off, didn't she slap you?

15. Triggered by the word “moist”? God only knows what they’ll be like if this confinement lasts as long as some are saying it will.

I’ll get her to bake some bread in a bikini next week to celebrate the fact that we have finally found yeast :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. lets not mention yeast and what it is for shall we. v,purdy btw, do you a swap, you keep the wumin, I will take her teeth.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. You can have my teeth, but they’re shagged. They still look nice and white and shiny but the back ones are cracked and falling apart due to the combination of years of boxing with gum shields that didn’t fit properly (I have an unusually shaped dental arch) and the bad habit of having half a pint of Diet Coke on the bedside cabinet at night o_O

18. fine, you have the teeth, I will take the wumin. last offer.
    :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Nah. She’s also clever (architect), very sweet natured and most of all, patient as she puts up with me and my ways, which as some on the forum will testify makes her very rare, remarkable and probably irreplaceable :yum

However, you can have the dog, who having just pissed all over the clean washing, is currently in disgrace.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. cool, I know a recipe for Dog.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information