1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Ducati Forum Bake Off

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by West Cork Paul, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Second batch in had longer to prove and an improvement. See what I did there

2974FCD5-4C05-4773-9C89-AAE9D32E0C1D.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. I hope so they have been bare for 3 weeks that I know of

3. Looking good @Char , looking good:upyeah: and you're absolutely right, any that don't get eaten make great bread & butter pudding.

Did you do 2 proves? A bulk prove and then a knock back, shape/create and a 2nd prove? doubling in size each time.
    A bit of egg wash never goes amiss and, ideally, a glaze using apricot jam (we had none so used honey but it's too runny).

Now come on the rest of you, where are your bakes? BAKES I said, not bikes:)

4. @Alan Williams daughter is working on it now.

She’s decided to do more cooking and baking while off college.

Pics to follow.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. See. Proof.
    9A0B1B25-37BC-43D4-872C-2405811A648E.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  6. 2nd prove was when they had been rolled & filled - glaze was the remainder booze after soaking the fruit - it did say add a honey glaze after but I’ve only got 1/2 jar left :)

7. Wow, and a member of the Forum too. Great stuff:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. She joined to get new ideas for music. :)
    Think she’s coming back for this challenge though. Just needs to reset her password.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DF56ACA3-8381-4E19-AC16-2C722242FCBD.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  10. Well done alan williams daughter:upyeah:. I'd say they just needed a little more time on the 2nd prove and to be squashed down a bit by hand before going in the oven. However, great attempt, well done:).

Now, any more with any more. Come on, still got a couple of days left.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I cannot bake.
    I can cook.

Let me know when we can cook.
    Maybe some steak au poivre?
    Or
    Pan toasted Macadamia nut crusted Mahi Mahi?

I do make the best Spaghetti sauce for 637 miles.

[​IMG]

Or maybe some stuffed peppers?

[​IMG]

Rex

• Like Like x 2
  12. Looks good. However, now's your chance to start baking as well - no harm in giving it a go.:)

ps. 637 miles is very precise - why?

13. I checked my watch. I am sure it's correct.
    BUT
    Mostly because if you say 500, or One thousand people say Oh Really???
    everyone seems to accept the random number.

Baking? Nah, I am full Keto and Intermittent Fasting. Near zero carbs generally. Down over 100lbs... I was going to start going to the gym, but now they are closed. Seriously

How about Pan Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and garlic... Deglazed with Balsamic Vinegar??

Rex

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fook:eek: you’ve lost 100lbs, 44kg. That’s a LOT. Well done. What size were you ?

15. can you post recipes or do we have to find our own? perhaps a link to any good recipes would be cool.. i used to bake a lot many years ago, most of my pocket money at high school came from screen printing, glass blowing or baking..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well, Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood etc don’t give out the recipes, just set the task, but as I’m neither an octogenarian female or a fat, blue eyed, wealthy heartthrob and as it’s you Chiz, try this one :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chelsea_buns_95015

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Well I am still wearing my old leather jacket... 5xl
    a 2xl is perfect now and will be loose soon. The old jacket is going to kill me. It is so loose its like I am wearing a flag... up over 80mph it is flopping around so much the whole bike feels like a tank slapper... but its me flapping. not the bike.
    I am trying not to buy till closer to summer... then a fall winter jacket in October. Hopefully I will close to my final size.

Rex

• Like Like x 5
  18. Well done and good on you:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Given the current supplies situation on bog roll, I've been baking up a hot one for a couple of days now.

Does this count?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information