1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Ducati Forum Bake Off

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by West Cork Paul, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Duhh:worried:, that went right over my head. Far too subtle for this forum methinks. Good one though:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I must be completely bored, contemplating baking bread ffs.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Cheese scones made - small batch but looking forward to having one with my homemade leek & potato soup at lunchtime x

AE2CBD10-F825-4098-9FDA-98AA71B98550.jpeg

37D7241A-9172-4C12-92ED-61C604174438.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  4. CCE28B0A-17ED-47B2-A34C-D2ECF0C67DF9.jpeg A3C703EE-E07D-49BC-A8F8-FC83906036B6.jpeg 2A321CCD-9E36-4C8F-96A2-6EA8D57DE13C.jpeg
    This morning’s scones :)

• Like Like x 8
  5. You guys are killing me...
    Yesterday (no baking in sight) I made Fried eggs over perfect Bacon, on top of sliced Avacado... And no pics...

Rex

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wifey was baking a couple of days ago, still eating them, very nice IMG-20200330-WA0000.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Grasshopper, "You can roll it glitter and it still won't be a sausage roll".

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Now you're talking, hot sausage roll and HP brown sauce

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sourdough starter culture - Day 2.

For anyone who started it yesterday, pour away about 300g or just over 1/2 of it, just chuck it down the sink but for heaven’s sake keep the tap running or it’ll set like concrete in your sink/plug.

Now add 150g of flour and 150g of water to your pot, stir to thoroughly mix, replace the lid and this time pop it in the fridge for the next 24 hrs.

10. Paul.

I could not buy any eggs today.

I blame your thread.

:mad::mad:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. Are you guys (and gals?) really facing shortages?
    Yes my stores might be out of the "Horde of the week" item for a few days.
    But when I go back they have more.
    Granted, my Supermarket looks like an entire shopping mall...
    But the stuff is there.
    Cleaning supplies are harder to find. But the last 3 times I went I could have bought (up to 2) packages of 12 rolls of toilet paper.

Rex

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Flour has been tricky but it’s in our local now

really lucky here as we have a good selection of independents in a 3 mile radius, farm shops, butchers, local milk from 24/7 vending machine, bakers etc & even flour mill ( they’ve all been pretty busy and the ones that supply the catering market have been swift to try and switch to retail)

don’t really do big supermarkets can’t stand them tbh

• Like Like x 1
  13. Does no one near you keep chickens? Perhaps on the outskirts of town? Is there no one who sells the excess eggs at the end of their drive? I sense an excuse to get a bike out for an essential journey, just don’t forget to wear a rucksack.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I’m so jealous
    Why can’t I get flour :sob:

15. I got eggs today

Did I say no flour :(

16. Someone send Viv some flour please:neutral:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. We’ve not been able to get any flour either :(

19. how far are you prepared to go for flour dude? i mean mileage wise!!!lol..

20. i used to tell my mates my local rocks as it had bands on most night and the beer is well cheap, now im telling em if my local has eggs or not...

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information