1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Ducati Forum Bake Off

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by West Cork Paul, Mar 22, 2020.

1. It’s not how far I’m prepared to go it’s now how far the police state will allow you to go.

I mean you can’t even drive from the midlands to Manchester to pick up a window ffs!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. yea... im not even sure any of those places exist... are they in london?

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Wow, here, even in NYC...
    It's still a suggestion...

Their is so much fear that the jails will become rampant there is no way you are going there without a murder hanging over your head...

Just cough, say you can barley breathe... on your way to cough on your ex wife, then get a test...

On your way sir...

rex

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Outstanding idea. And, on the bike I could only carry a few at a time necessitating many trips. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yep, then you can run some flour to @Davebird in Hereford and @El Toro in Holmfirth and then back south to @chizel before returning home. It’ll help you put a few miles on the Triumph:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. You can also say you were on the look out for paracetamol :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fab idea

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Sourdough starter culture - Day 3 (and a bit):(

oops! I forgot the daily feed for my starter culture but never mind, it's quite resilient.

So, remove the pot from the fridge, again pour away about 300g or juts over 1/2 of it and feed it with another 50/50 mix of flour and water, i.e. 150g flour, 150g water, stir to mix well. This time leave it out in the kitchen for a good few hours before popping it back in the fridge again. It's 11am now so I'll pop mine back in the fridge around 6/7pm this evening.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Looks really tasty @apatchy :upyeah: and we’re gonna do pies one week. Double crust, proper pies, not single crust lies:D

Just messing, it’s great to see people baking.

• Like Like x 1
  10. For those of you that like a bit of instruction via video (as we’ve not seen Paul in an apron yet & Nigella is a bit old hat these days)

can I recommend Florence Pugh on Instagram ~ she’s been doing this BC (before you know what) & I’m sure many of you will enjoy

Also on FB try Mowgli Street Food, Nisha has some lovely puppies and is often on Daytime TV - this is more curry thread related

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Sourdough Stater Culture - Day 4

Right, get the pot out of the fridge, same thing again, pour just over 1/2 away and replace with another 50/50 mix of flour and water (I do 150g/150g), stir to mix well and leave out at room temperature for the rest of the day, popping back into the fridge overnight again.

We're going to be doing this for another 3 days or so by which time we should have a healthy and vibrant culture full of wild yeasts and lactobacillus, then we just need to feed it, or use it, at least once/week:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. 6774CECA-2955-4234-AD91-222AF7AB39D6.jpeg

The girlf’s latest effort. It ain't pretty but it is tasty. Exactly how I think an apple crumble should be by law ie: made with proper cooking apples so the filling is sharp and tarty rather than sweet and syrupy like shop bought rubbish and with a crumble/filling ratio of at least 3-1. :upyeah:

#152 Zhed46, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Any suggestions for a nice yeast-free bread Paul?

There’s literally none round these parts and hasn’t been for weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zhed, do a search for Keto Bread... No flour or yeast.

Rex

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Thanks. I will :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Also, can we get a shout out for how new, plain, boring, and just plain not like a working home this American kitchen looks (Last video) compared to yours over there....

Rex

17. Myself and my daughter made these today, it's her 8th birthday.
    Didn't want to peak too early so left it a week.
    Thanks for the idea!

IMG_20200402_134902.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. Guess who's going out for eggs tomorrow? I have never been so excited and its only to go shopping......

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. you have got the ratios just right.....and it should look as messy as possible, ready for a massive dollop of ice cream...yum...I'm going to have to do one too !
    Thanks for the inspiration

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information