1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Ducati Forum Bake Off

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by West Cork Paul, Mar 22, 2020.

1. o_O
    Lordy I’m following a different method I’ve been told to feed the beast twice today :(o_O:punch: Gratuitous picture with tray bake I made earlier

D9A41B07-8A54-49DF-B8F1-6C921EAC87D5.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shepherds pie for us tonight

394EDCB5-1A67-4D02-83C8-C8593057045E.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Please fax or email me some of that!

I am betting yummy (orgasm) sounds will be made when it is eaten

Rex

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yep, I’ll post one in the morning rather than try to remember it now and lead you astray. However, you will need
    Plain flour
    Wholemeal flour
    Baking powder/bread soda
    Porridge oats
    Treacle
    Buttermilk
    Cold tea or Guinness
    Some seeds

5. Looking good SFKiwi, tell her well done:upyeah:.

The main thing here is that people are having a go, so if you’ve not done so already ....... get baking:)

6. Sourdough starter culture

I just popped mine back into the fridge for the night and took a quick peek before doing so. It’s fermenting nicely now :)
    8D4DEEBE-3E8E-411E-BAD2-F6B989E7D6EB.jpeg
    @Char whatever works is good. I feed mine once a day when starting it, but if the recipe you’re following calls for 2 feeds a day, it’s whatever works for you. The fact is it’s really easy to make with just flour & water and once made is easy enough to keep alive and makes brilliant bread with just flour & water & a little salt.

7. Mushrooms and spinach with Bacon and Garlic

[​IMG]

With Chicken Ala Rex

[​IMG]

Rex

• Like Like x 3
  8. my oven is broken :( it works for a few mins then as it warms up it keeps tripping the mains... any stove top tasty recipes?

9. Hmmm:thinkingface:

10. what about a steamed pudding? i vaguely remember me mum used to make em... upside down pudding or something like that.... that said i only have 2 small pots and a fry pan....

11. Chicken creole.
    2 x large onions.
    Chicken
    4 - 5 peppers, any colour
    Something green and crunchy - celery or green beans

all above roughly chopped

1 - 2 tins chopped tomatoes

lots mixed herbs
    Garlic
    3 x teaspoon Tabasco sauce

cook all together for 40 mins or so. Serve with rice or crusty bread. Smashing.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. sounds good!!! although im pretty good at savory stuff... more interested in something sweet and fattening! or breads n stuff...

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. used to make loads of toffees and stuff when i was a kid... my grandma gave me a recipe book from 1920 ish... i remember all the units of measurements and wording was weird as fuck but i worked it out... wish i still had the book, used to make me think of her when ever i used it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. @Zhed46
    Yeast free bread recipe aka Irish soda bread albeit not your usual dry rubbish.

125g strong white flour (if you don’t have strong regular plain flour will do),
    375g wholemeal (the coarser the better)
    75g porridge oats
    1 heaped teaspoon bread soda
    1 heaped teaspoon salt
    A handful of mixed seeds, eg pumpkin, sunflower, whatever you have, walnuts work as well.

mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl (make sure the bread soda isn’t in lumps but is evenly spread throughout)

100g treacle
    225g Guinness or cold tea
    225g buttermilk

add the wet ingredients and mix the lot to an even consisrency; it should be quite a wet consistency.

pour into a lined bread tin. Even if your tin is non stick I recommend lining it with baking parchment unless you’re using a silicon baking ’tin’ .

Sprinkle the top with some more porridge oats.

Put into a preheated oven at 185c for 25 mins then reduce the temp to 170 for a further 35 mins then remove the loaf from the tin and place it back into the oven for a further 10 mins.

At the end check it’s done with a skewer, ie does it come out clean?, it may need a further 10 mins, all depends on your oven and how wet it was when it went in.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. NB that one ^^^ was for a future week but, so what, go for it.

How are people getting on with their scones? There’s been a distinct lack of photos:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Thanks mate. Much appreciated. I’ll copy/paste that for the girlf as she’s planning to bake again on Monday.

We have an Aga type gas oven (photo below in case they’re not all the same) - do we need to make any adjustments?

CA84F65E-075C-49D6-8210-A69EAF4982B4.jpeg

18. I made a bread pudding.... :yum
    bread pud.JPG

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information