1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The greatest motorcyclist in the world

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mc Tool, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Shakey got to be up there, done it all and still comes across as a good guy

2. and the winner is..........:cool:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. Anyone mentioned Ago?

4. And no one has said Stoner (controversial?)

5. I have a lot of time for Hubert Auriol. Breaks both ankles in the middle of a desert and still finishes the Paris Dakar. Nails, hard as.
    People who can do the riding they do, then start spannering their bike in the middle of the night, getting a couple of hours kip and doing it all again. You just have to have a lot of respect.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Great record, but much of his reign was without serious competition.

Rider, not machine...

7. This is not the droid you are looking for.

8. why has no one mentioned Joey ?????

9. totally, road racing the best racing.

10. I wonder how fast david jefferies would be today around the island....

Still handing asses back ??

11. I doubt it. He died there :(

12. Funny how the roads superstars don't often seem to come good on short circuits. There are exceptions of course. And even less short circuit guys even attempt road racing, never mind do well at it. I admire both, but I'm a short circuit fan at heart, so number one is of course Rossi.

13. Can't believe no one else has mentioned my uncle Franco :(

14. Burt Munro deserves a shout.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG]

Rollie Free - and he did it in his pants!

• Like Like x 1
  16. What about Charlie booring and ewen mcscott responsible getting middle aged born agains to dress like they are the intrepid inter continental adventurers they like to think they are when popping to waitrose

17. The greatest motorcyclist that ever lived, or at least that i knew, was this man: http://www.millennium-ride.com/

The greatest motorcycle racer that ever lived, was probably, Mike Hailwood.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information