1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The greatest motorcyclist in the world

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mc Tool, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Greatest man who was also a proper motorcyclist?

Lawrence of Arabia?

2. Did they single handedly hand BMW market share and spawn a new style of clothing keeping bike shops above water since?

3. Steve mcqueen

4. WELL IT AINT LORENZO !

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yep, you'd have to be Stoner hater of monumental proportions to go along with that one.

6. For me, my Dad for buying me an XR75 and my mate Rich Huggins coz it all came so easily to him. And then Steve McQueen, Barry Sheene and Graham Noyce for making bikes the coolest things on the planet.

7. Joey Dunlop. End off!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Surely the greatest motorcyclist in the world is the one on their first ride out after winter. At least to me, some ride believing they are. ;-)

9. I cant split them;

Ago, a legend.

Rossi. (Donnington 2005, don't even bother saying he had best bike, best tyres etc. Just the best rider.)
    In a class of his own for many years and a track record to prove.

10. though at one moment in time in one race 2002 imola, Edwards.......who would have believed it. the winner of perhaps the greatest race ever. ( still vote for joey though and I dare anyone to come to norn iron and vote against him )

• Like Like x 1
  11. I wouldn't say Edwards was the better rider in that race, him and Bayliss were on par, Bayliss was just unfortunate to slide and lose grip in one of the corners. Don't think I'll ever see a race as exciting in my life again. Race 1 was brilliant too between them

12. John Britten, the man was a genious , racer would have to be Hailwood

13. There is no single answer clearly. More interesting to list very cool bikers like McQueen. Great men of history like T.E. Lawrence, great racers like Hailwood, Rossi etc.

I've seen blokes in their 70's at Box Hill chewing the fat with their mates and riding sports bikes and I think they are just as cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. In no particular order
    Angel Nieto
    Che Guevara
    Joey Dunlop
    TE Lawrence
    George Brough
    Fabio Taglioni
    John Alfred Prestwich

• Like Like x 1
  15. But he says hello ... jesus christ ...

Gobert now.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yip, he was arrested for his wife's murder too but got off :thinkingface:

17. I know, at the time I remember thinking that the whole thing was well dodgy. :rolleyes:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information