1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The greatest motorcyclist in the world

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mc Tool, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Joey D for me. Legend.

2. Gobert- Hard wired maniac, a true bad boy. I remember him shunting Neil Hodgson off (can't remember where). His crew chief asked him 'why did you do that?' He replied 'cos I can't stand the cvunt' Nut case!

Has he not been lifed off yet?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. John Surtees

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I don't think you could ever pin down the greatest motorcyclist, there are great riders in different areas of motorcycle sport, one of the greatest days in motorcycle racing must have been when Jim Redman won three world championship races in the same day, the 125, 250 and 350, he also won the 250 and 350 world championships in the same year.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. This thread should be rebranded as The greatest motorcyclist MOMENTS ever in the world:thinkingface:

6. Rossi’s undertake of Lorrenzo on the last bend at Montmelo. Problem is I can’t remember what year but it was the most outrageous move I’ve been lucky enough to be there to see from the start/finish straight stands opposite the pits. Andy

#67 Android853sp, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The 1st photo is only 6 months old - think Anthony is still being Anthony.:sob: He was all talent, no brains or sanity - how else do you beat Fogarty and Corser on Ducati's with a ZX7RR?

8. This one:):upyeah:
    https://www.wimp.com/rossi-vs-lorenzo-incredible-final-lap/

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'd add Burt Munro to my list, the essence of a true motorcyclist (eat, drink, breathe) distilled into a single minded, 'ornery' bloke who was going to do what he'd set his mind to do in a life-long process of developing and refining an ancient relic into a world beater, against all the odds, with no money and all done by him, in his shed - no shop-bought, bolt-on, go-faster goodies, just his brilliant ideas made metal out of scrap materials begged, borrowed, traded, found, or donated.

Excellent biography, One Good Run, The Legend of Burt Munro by Tim Hanna in Penguin Books
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=one+good+run&_sacat=0

10. Graham Jarvis, fantastic rider.

Then the locals, Dunlop and Rea. All different types of bike sport

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rossi

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Joey Dunlop for me.
    Possibly Foggy, having read his autobiography and how he got round the Island quicker at the time using the kerbs.

One nobody has mentioned that I think deserves a mention is Peter Hickman.

Nasher.

13. For different reasons

Nick Sanders..a man who has done many things on bikes that shouldn't have been able to do them. Was going to go on one of his states visits after meeting him at the nec. A direct man but friendly and knowledgable

Showing my wsb era..Noriyuki Haga, often rode like someone shouldn't be able to and you were never quite sure what was about to come out of his mouth when interviewed

• Like Like x 1
  14. Loved watching Haga on the R7, (which put him up against it) his surname was apt to yell at the tele when he would do one of his "bonsai" moves.

15. Pierlucio Tinazzi - check him out, a genuine hero, read his story on Wikipedia & weep.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information