1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Morning After

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Android853sp, Nov 6, 2017.

1. The Benny Hill backing track is very apt. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 20 dollars....Ducati should take note when they charge 3 squillion billion for an Terminal Ripoff !!!

3. What price bragging rights ? George as in the guy that sits next to Andrew although to be fair, he doesn't work on Thursdays. Andy

4. At 3500 for some Mag wheels, I'll remain bragg free Andy, now if you bought without the bling and put BST carbon's on :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yeah I gotta agree 3.5K does seem a LOT for a set of light wheels

6. Maybe they're not just gold in colour AD ?? :thinkingface::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. My local dealer has already taken 11 orders, 5 of which are for the Speciale and the rest a mix of Base and S models. ALMOST added my own name to the list today, for a V4S and if I time it right it actually works out cheaper to trade the 1299 in but I would still like to see one in the flesh/ride a demo. Dilemna is that the longer I wait, the more the current bike loses PX value and its no small change in terms of the loss either. There comes a point where the advantage in swapping out now will be negated if I dwell on it too long, so I'm torn between waiting until mid Jan to test ride one or not. I will at least get to see one at the NEC before I have to make a judgement call.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. What are you hoping to find/prove by seeing one in the flesh etc? It will be better in almost every way than the current Panigale.

9. Maybe I have a future career change to grave robber in the future....?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Eh? The base comes with cast aluminium wheels, the S with forged aluminium wheels and the Speciale with Magnesium wheels (in black). If they are offering gold mag wheels, it's only paint that dictates the colour as it's unlikely they will have been anodised. Dymag for example (and almost every other mag wheel company) uses one of the Dow processes - either Dow 15 or Dow 9 (if I remember the number correctly), for basic protection, even if they are to be painted. Both are a chemical conversion process, not an electrolytic one. You could have the standard black mag wheels painted gold for a few hundred quid and spend the remainder on more bling/trackdays/new riding gear or whatever. Saying that I am sure the gold wheels they are offering will look great on that bike. Congrats with the purchase Andy.

11. Marchesini Genesis Magnesium 10 spoke wheels retail just over £4k for the SSSA. The V4 Speciale aluminium alloy wheels probably weight almost as little as the mag wheels if my 1098R wheels are anything to go by but I don't want black wheels. Andy

12. As already said, get em powder coated Andy for about 250 quid....Simples :D

13. Most purchases of this kind are very subjective and whilst I know the new bike has made huge technological leaps over the outgoing xx99 series, I still want to sense how I will feel seeing it for myself and if I fundamentally like the look of it which you cannot judge from photos alone. I first saw the 1199 at EICMA in 2013 having only seem images prior to that and it looked even better than I had imagined (though I don't think it had such a hard job convincing me). This model will have to answer any nagging doubts I have and for that, I've got to get "up close and personal". I've no doubt it rides as well if not better than the 1299, so as much as I'd like a demo ride as well before I commit, this is as important a process as any other (IMHO)

• Like Like x 1
  14. The V4 Speciale black wheels are aluminium alloy Topolino but as stated last night (if you got to see that bit of the presentation) the magnesium alloy wheels are an extra cost option. Have to say, the 1098R gold wheels are beautiful which has influenced my decision. Andy

15. It won't matter if I don't get allocated one :(. Andy

16. Oh didnt realise that, spec list on the Ducati website shows them as magnesium which is why I was assuming they came with the bike. You could still get the black alloy ones painted though. I went to extraordinary lengths to colour match my 1098S wheels to the same colour as the 1098R wheels, even to the extent of tracking down the correct code from Palini in Italy, who supply the paint to the wheel manufacturer for Ducati. D353 is the 1098R gold colour code IIRC. Aside from the paint the S and R wheels were identical. Could only find one place in the UK (Warrington) to supply their paint, which had to be applied over a special black chromate primer. Very tricky job including trips by the paintshop to the dealer to compare swatches they had sprayed onto small aluminium plates, with a 1098R in their showroom. Bloody expensive top coat at £115/litre but still a lot less than £3.5K :) Here is how they turned out.

Rear End.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Guilty as charged.

18. Nothing for me - no new naked

Holding out for the new slightly bigger MV Triple anyhoos

:)

19. I like the look of that! Throw some more up of the bike please :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information