1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The most spine-tingling engine sound - ever.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chris, Dec 24, 2012.

1. love the sound of my fathers glider.

2. Fast forward to 5 mins

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have a CD from the 90s of Ducati sounds, made, I think, by the Swedish Ducati Club.

If anyone wants to buy it, make me an offer to cover at least postage from Switzerland and I'll put it in Jiffy Bag for you.

This is what is on it:

[​IMG]

4. Yes. Loveliest sounding engine of all times!

The F40 LM is incredible as well!

• Like Like x 1
  5. The wife telling me it`s OK to go to WDW.

• Like Like x 1
  6. one Spitfire just flew over at 12.44. He wasn't just cruising either so engine sound was magnificent

7. The benelli 900 three cylinder must be one of the best sounding modern engines...

8. the best engine sound ..........one thats running :p

9. this ticks the title box, oh man :-

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. In no order and from the top of my head..

Any of the Group B cars.

Mclaren F1.

Vulcan Bomber.

Spitfire (merlin lump)

most V12's, 10's and 8's.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Such a difficult question... I would have to go with a spitfire I think, but followed closely by the Vulcan and then I think the Rotary Norton. Tbh I think the original Daytona 675 with a shark mouth arrow is probably next.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. the norton going down bray hill at the tt

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Great thread this, thanks @Chris
    Merlin always gets me, older F1 and Endurance cars too, so much choice! (forgot the Bikes! Norton Rotary, Irving Vincent, Casoli wringing the 748, any two stroke on pipe)

This is still my fave tho, goosebumps everytime:

#94 WAH900ss, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Standing amongst a whole field of Battle of the twins bikes in the collecting area before a grid formation lap.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I absolutely love group c racers and the flat 12 in the 917K is one of the best sounding race cars ever built!
    This vid is a bit corporate but has some great shots of Porsche's own factory rebuilt 917K

• Like Like x 1
  16. bit of an ear bleeder this one, (this and the Mazda make my skull wobble!)

• Like Like x 2
  17. this does it for me every time, what a soundtrack

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. This was the 1st engine noise I was in awe of as a kid, "The Interceptor", it's always stuck with me. Glorious :upyeah:

I'm glad they didn't dub that into German :)

#99 Robarano, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I'd say older F1 cars for me,

I actually worked at a company (as a contractor) that built F1 engines in the 90's and spent a little bit of time in the Dynos. One of the nicest places I've ever worked, although in reality it is just like factory production line work to some extent.

To get a semi-large capacity to motor to rev that fast and high. The engineering is impressive.
    I have been in a workshop with a Benetton too... The front wish bones sound like a plastic school ruler when you flick them and even the way the back half of the car (engine,transmission, rear suspension, wing) is bolted to the back of the drives seat, huge wheels and tyres - amazing.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information