1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The most spine-tingling engine sound - ever.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chris, Dec 24, 2012.

1. re:- clutch @Old rider it's all been done before :---)

#121 Chris, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I remember going to Brands about 1974. Phil Read riding an MV but the sound that overwhelmed everything was an outfit. I believe it was Chris Vincents and was a URS. Again I may be wrong but I believe it was based on a Gilera 4 it was earsplittingly loud

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Awesome ! Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I was out there with a friend in 1991 and i can confirm that the Mazda was unreal standing on the edge of the track as it flew by at ridiculous speeds, also did the 1989 race.

6. I didn't realise that you went as well. :upyeah: I'm struggling to remember which years, but was there also and have pictures somewhere so could work it out. For me, I will never forget the sight of two LC2 cars coming under the Dunlop bridge at the start of one race, they excelled that year, but only on shorter duration races. I wasn't such a fan of the Wankel sound back then, mainly because of the popping and banging on lift off, but it's grown on me over the years, and now liken it to the erratic sound of a two-stroke.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I only did those two years and later on returned with another friend when in that sector and visted the museum on my Birthday. An awesome venue for youngsters with eyes on stalks 24 / 7.

• Like Like x 1

8. Wind it on by around 1 minute, oh what a glorious V8 sound.

9. And cut to 1.05 for this one

• Like Like x 3
  10. Wow that Mazda sounds amazing - reminded me of the proper big 3L v10 F1 engines that you could hear from 5 miles away

• Like Like x 1
  11. My Gran used to live in Twyford (near Reading) and her back garden was pretty much under the flight path of Concorde landing and taking off. I remember vividly as kids they knew what time Concorde was coming over and it would be a treat for all us kids to dive into the back garden and wait for it to fly over and you could largely still hear the sound thats in that vid.
    Not many flying vehicles ive ever been into or even "miss" but thats definitely one of them.
    (We even got her a "day trip" on it for one of her birthdays where she took off had a glass of champers and dropped her back at Heathrow lol)

• Like Like x 4
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  12. Guy Martin aboard that rotary thing that someone posted on here a few weeks back would be my second choice.

13. It has bound to have been posted previously…..

• Like Like x 1
  14. I went to Elsham the night the Lancaster overflow all the bomber bases in Lincolnshire
    Watching it slowly approach and then straight over the top and banking hard right to fly over Kirmington.. I've seen it loads of times but for some reason that was extra special

15. I live very close to Finningley airport (recently closed). When the Vulcan bomber lived there, it was quite something watching/hearing it heave itself up there…. Very noisy. Blimey…

16. Used to often see the Vulcan airframe that was used as a test bed for the Concord engines ……. and yes, bloody noisy :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Good grief. It sounds awful at tick over but awesome at full chat!

18. about 23 minutes onward to "cut to the chase".

19. A 128mph in that must be quite an experience

Do Not Sell My Personal Information