1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Mt-10?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Stonesie, May 27, 2016.

1. More than i was on the s1000r forum...joined the forum as i was just about to get one...didnt get one....got the zed...then got told to fuck off...story of my life...

2. Plus....youve got some pretty worthy warring partners on here too... :)

3. looking forward to you picking it up @bradders , maybe my misses will let me out to play next week.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’ll need to run it in...

5. run it it in at donny?

well some of the milage

6. Looks nice @bradders. I’ll be interested in what you think of it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Can’t take mid week days out. Got a bike and a vdub to pay for :confused::joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sell the Porsche. It'll go bang anyway.

9. Or least popular colour as only blue is left.

10. Been out in it today. It’s fantastic

11. Good review. I’d seriously consider one of it was a little prettier and more premium.

I actually stuck the SDR for sale briefly as I was thinking of going back to a Tuono, but after riding them back to back, and considering I put on relatively high miles, I’m sticking with the Duke.

Super nakedness is really where it’s at when it come to motorcycles. I tried to get back into superbikes but they really don’t offer the same level of fun, on the road at least.

Should be an interesting 12 - 18 months with new superbikes from BMW, Yamaha and Aprilia, meaning the whole super naked pack will be getting significant updates :cool:

12. Superdukes do present a problem: once you've lived with that engine, how on earth do you follow it? There's nothing else comparable. A Ducati V4 naked might be a possible answer but the SDR is also solidly engineered, reliable, capable of high miles and relatively cheap to run and service. I'll eat my trousers if the same can be said for a V4 Ducati.

It is a pity Yamaha have sneaked the price up on the MT10. When it was a 10K bargain you could forgive all it's faults because nowhere could you find more motorcycle for the money. But with prices creeping up to S1000R territory, suddenly all the lumpy seat and finish quality issues start to matter.

13. Great bike good torque as well for an inline four.

Its well worth setting the sag to rider weight, but dont be afraid of small tweaks to the sag, they make a BIG difference on the S1.
    MRA touring screen will sort the high speed comfort.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I don't suppose you know whether they changed the spring rate from the early version?

When I had mine I thought it was great, but the rear spring had to be adjusted fully to work right with the DDC suspension if you were 90kg upwards from memory, mine was 2015 I think

Do Not Sell My Personal Information