1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Guy From Austria

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Letti, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Born in Vienna in 1937 and moved to Belfast, Northern Ireland in early 1939 and grew up there. Her parents had Jewish heritage, which is why they left. Other family members stayed. Of those that stayed some were killed, others survived.

I have visited Austria several times (only once on my motorbike) and really like it. My mum has always loved Austria and holidayed there every year with her second husband. I even considered moving to Carinthia several years ago.

#21 SunEye, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  2. Ah ok, good to know. I already thought that there might be this kind of background...

Carinthia is also a beautiful place to live. With some really nice lakes and also roads ;-)

3. Welcome, great country Austria - although I'm only really familiar with Innsbruck airport and St Anton :)

4. Sounds like wintersports :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bit greedy :eek: but welcome anyhoo :cool::upyeah:

6. You always have to own at least two ducatis, because one of two is always out of order!
    Always remember a ducati is nice to Look at, but it‘s developed and built be shitty-don‘t-care-about engineers and mechanics

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. True, I'm on my 2nd 1098R of the year with only one left in reserve :worried:

Ducati-1098R-Troy-Bayliss.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Greed is Good:eyes::upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Indeed, when I used to be allowed to go to exotic locations (pre wife and kids) I get the odd day at Glenshee in Scotland now - which you have to choose quite carefully

Do Not Sell My Personal Information