1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The One Bloody Time I Did Not Turn The Helmet Camera On....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by shyboy, Mar 14, 2019.

1. I crashed at the TT in 2010, the rules regarding costs were different then.
    I believed they changed in 2013 and although mine wasn’t settled till 2016 I was under the old rules which meant all my costs were met by the other side. You would not believe the Solicitors bill!!
    I’m not 100% sure of how the fees work but I would be surprised if Andrew is much different from other Solicitors, all I can say is he’s the man you want on your side. Mine was a very large case with liability admitted so I was in a easier position than yourself.
    What I would say is you will be shocked how little injuries are worth on their own.
    Good luck.

2. 25% may sound a lot but White D’Alton are experts at this and at getting the most possible. To put it in perspective, you do it on your own or use a local solicitor who ends charging you £1000 and you get £3000, net £2k, WD get you £5k, less their 25% is a net £3750. You’re miles better off.

Another thing to take into consideration is if they’ve quoted you a fixed 25% you know you’re going to end up with 75%. Your local solicitor will be charging by the hour plus disbursements. It may sound cheaper, £200/he but could work out a whole lot more expensive proportionately.

If it were me (and if I weren’t a lawyer) Id go with the 25% every time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ouch!

4. Hi Paul. The solicitors that have been appointed by the insurance company. I am not paying a penny. Ok, so they may get me £1000 less, but that's not 100% certain and will still be far less than a 25% fee. Im not really sure how they can get me more anyway and speaking to them, although very nice to talk to, it was not explained that that was what they will do and how. Anyway, still not decided. May well get back to them. Just need to have a think and a little read.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've only just found this thread. Sorry to hear of your painful experience.

My dealings with solicitors have taught me that you get what you pay for. The one I had as part of an RAC package wasn't worth the time of day. Another I paid £15,000 recovered all my costs.

Let us know how it pans out please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Whoever you decide to go with I’d find out as much as possible about them. Testimonials, membership of legal bodies etc. How long has solicitor been qualified, what experience in your type of case do they have.
    My experience of solicitors in criminal & family law makes me want to check them out as much as I can.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information