1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rossi Appreciation Thread .......

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dibble, Aug 5, 2021.

1. I never liked Stoner, but in that particular race, he did have good reason to be pissed off.

#101 pauly, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. With respect i just don't agree with you on that particular move, yes the track conditions were very tricky that day but Stoner left the door open and number 46 went for it like all racers do or what's the point of racing.
    He did apologised later, hence the stupid comment from CS.

3. Are we talking about the same move?. Rossi went off the track, came back on, and practically punted Stoner off the track. Got to admit I cheered Rossi at the the time though. Was that the race when Rossi kept his lid on when he went to apologise?

4. No that comment was made when Rossi lost the front end on that damp day, not on the Laguna Seca.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ahh, my mistake.

7. :upyeah:. I remembered Rossi keeping his head guard on though :).

8. He would've made that move stick if only on a Honda or Yamaha that day.;)

9. More likely to do with getting punted off in a moto3 race and breaking a leg than anything else, surprised they are allowed to motocross in the off season? I think they stretch the reason with the old “I have to do it to stay in shape? Hmmmm, nothing to do with it being bloody good fun then?)

10. He could have been on the Yamaha, if he hadn't had a moody about Lorenzo being on one too ;)

11. I was having a beer in a bar on Rodeo Drive years ago, Julie Andrews was in there too. Could have got a pic with her, but wouldn't have meant we were close. Mind you, if she had put that Mary Poppins outfit on...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. His comment was spot on, the move didn't work and he crashed, taking stoner out

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Imagine how much moaner would have cried at Marquez moves

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Your entitled to your opinion like i'm.

15. He realised Lorenzo was a very Fast rider and would cause him problems, so throw the toys out of the pram for number one rider control but this didn't work that time around, next move Ducati.

16. That went well...

17. I wasn’t watching much MotoGP when Stoner was racing, but there’s a lot that moan about Marquez currently he’d not be a lone voice in a crowded room.

Undoubtedly though the worst move I’ve seen was Rossi dismounting MM at Sepang.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. You need some new glasses mate. I hear specsavers are offering 2-4-1 :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I always liked Stoner. What a thing to say to Rossi of all people !! funny.

Stoner talked a good fight as well in the post race analysis. And he won a title on a Ducati - that is cool with all that was going on with Hondas and Yamahas and Stoner wins the title on a Ducati.

Back to Rossi, and in particular the Marquez era. Marquez would nudge other riders like Lorenzo and they would almost jump out of their skins with fright. But that tactic never worked against Rossi.

• Like Like x 1
  20. You offering bladders I’m a bit skint ATM?

MotoGP race direction are holding out for sets too.:)

#120 DucatiScud, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information