1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rossi Appreciation Thread .......

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dibble, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Of which I’m sure he was or wasn’t sanctioned for those moves, you seem to believe wrongly that I’m a super MM fan, which I’m not. I also like Rossi and other riders I’ve seen race not all the moves riders make make sense but end of the day they’re racing and mis deeds happen whether deliberately or as a consequence of racing.

I like to watch racing these days but I don’t back just one horse I watch for the spectacle not to back one single rider. :)

2. Spanish rider not being sanctioned in what's effectively the Spanish MotoGP championship, who'd have guessed. I've already stated I'm a Rossi fan, but the Rossi pantomime has run it's course.

3. MM races hard. Sometimes unfairly. But he is a racer. That’s what racers do. He has an unparalleled desire to win. I can’t fault that. His only crime, to me, is when he interfered in a championship he had no business to. That changed my outlook on MM. All his moves, fair or not, is racing. Besides his days are numbered. Martin, Acosta and co are coming. I really like Jorge, he is the future. Along with Pedro.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 100% on the racer bit, but also you'll never see another racer in our history tucking the front end like he'd on every circuit known to mankind & getting away with murder.

5. Yeah you could have had a photo.......but you couldn't have got away with saying you're engaged to be married to her!!!

Do you not follow social media??? He's been with her for years :rolleyes::joy:

#126 PauloPani, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Do I fuck.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I’ve been a Rossi fan from way back when he first came in to the 125cc (Moto 3) paddock.

it was the first time he said “I go very faaasstt” that’s all you needed in a kid like him.

He was like a pizza delivery rider living out his dream fantasy.

The last time he won in Assen I will freely admit I cried.

I’ll miss him, but I’d miss him even more if something terrible happened to him (like it almost did last year).

Time to move on and for him to enjoy life and the new baby Rossi

#128 Twin4me, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Whilst its a generally accepted and widely held view that he should have retired some time ago, I've booked tickets to Silverstone in a few days time as its the last chance I'll get to see him ride in the flesh and for a sportsman who has done so much to raise the profile of the sport , its a worthwhile trip to see him in his swan song UK MotoGP

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's me too.... We're silverstone bound later next week. Tents ready, kettles been found, stoves got gas.... We're off

• Like Like x 2
  10. We used to ride to Assen each year for the GP and I remember the 100th win. Amazing weekend, such a legend

IMG-20201212-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200403-WA0007.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. his 100th win at Assen was amazing

IMG-20200403-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20200403-WA0008.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Was lucky enough to decide that Misano 2014 me and some mates would ride down to Motogp and watch the race from the Rossi stand.

And feck me he went and won the race.. Great memories. I have some footage from the straight watching the podium celebrations somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  15. Honestly, there's some part time fans on here :rolleyes:

I've been a Rossi fan since before he was even born, in fact he was actually my idea, then his father stole that idea.....ruined my life : unamused:

Anyway, Rossi.....he's alright I spose:confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. The disppointing thing for me is that the OP's thread has only eighteen agree and twelve like, people are very fickle inlife.

17. Oh that shouldn't disappoint. I'd be over the moon with 18 agrees and 12 likes, I'm usually lucky to get a nuke post & very quickly put on ignore....

Hello? Hello? HELLLOOOOOO? :eyes:

You bastards :neutral:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  18. I know the feeling.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information