1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "show Us Your Gear " Thread

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by everclear, Dec 30, 2018.

1. So as I may have mentioned once or 10 times I'm laid up until surgery on a crook hip - crutches to get out of a chair, never mind being able to throw my leg over my bike. So in lieu of pictures
    from my latest ride I have to be a bit creative.

This thread is to show, if you so wish, your riding gear. Mine has been gathering dust so it was a good excuse to clean it up a bit. I sold all my racing stuff when my brief "career" came to an end so this is nearly all road wear.

First up, Dainese touring 2 piece for trips to holiday spots 250-400km. Then Axo Jacket - best fit/quality jacket I've owned. Then Dririder jackets for winter and summer. TBC ...

Dainese Touring.jpg Axo Jacket.jpg Dririder wet and dry jackets.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Next, Dainese integrated armour/back protector, Dainese back protector and Ixon pants. Then my various gloves. Yes I do wear fingerless for local trips, always have and have come off wearing them. Then my boots, dunno about the bling Sidi’s but the carbon look pair are gold. TBC …

Back protectors.jpg gloves.jpg boots.jpg

#2 everclear, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  3. My Helmets . One is a standout – the Garry McCoy replica (can see him slide that 500 two stroke as I type) but also the 2000 Colin Edwards Championship replica. TBC ... helmets.jpg

4. Lastly, sentiment. I kept one pair of knee sliders from my racing days and I was looking forward to hunting them out when I discovered 1 missing (sidebar: If you haven’t already but the topic comes up DON’T, just don’t have kids -nothing is sacred). I was quite enjoying myself and that discovery filled the house with expletives at 3.30am in the morning until I found it underneath a bed.

knee sliders.jpg

5. The sliders were supposed to be last, never mind - oilskin overpants, Draggin jeans and the Ixon pants again for no reason.

pants.jpg

6. Great, a thread on leather gimp suits, when my mates already don't get the biking thing, I have to explain this away. o_O

Anyway. I'll bump my pantaloons that I have for sale back up - Here

Because I've just bought this on Friday. :)

alpinestars_suit_motegi1_pc_bwr_black_red_white_750x750.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Arrow stretch denim jeans, Pony NFL hi-tops and a Yamaha paddock jacket. White socks and a Nazereth t-shirt. Top-Tek lid and some Frank Thomas studded palm gloves in GSXR blues / white (they're a bit big but were cheap).

:cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  8. Talk about blast from the past while watching tonight’s NFL games unfold!! I had a pair of the lo-tops with the fold over tongue.

Thought I was the shit....still do....still wrong.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. pony_linebacker (1).jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Ha ha ha ha....those were the ones!! I remembered them as being lighter, but that is them.

Legendary shoes, great memories.

11. Could you actually ride a 350LC in anything else?

12. Just don't wear it to a shopping centre peeled down to the waist. I don't see it often, and I'm not a violent man, but when I do I just want to kick the bastard square in the bollocks.

13. I had those in green. Best football trainers I ever had for tricks and flicks

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wasn’t old enough to ride when I had them but did try to play American football in them...not easy when you’re 8, and your brother is 14.

Sorry for highjacking the gear thread with my nostalgia for shoes and the NFL madness of the mid 80’s.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Arrived this morning. :) :upyeah:

IMG_7677.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  16. A very nice set of leathers,looks like you're getting pumped up for the 2019 season with that beautiful desmosedici and racking up a thousand miles:thinkingface:

17. Bit short in the leg rob
    Have you got knee length boots :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trick of the light DB :D, they are exactly like this. :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. 1546342400744641200443.jpg my Christmas present to me

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Black Leathers always gives you that slim look after all that christmas pud/beers etc;)

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information