1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Story Of A 1098r...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Exige, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Should not be allowed, call the pooolice. Just wish I had 1. Lovely machine. Not jealous at all. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Bet it's over 40. I used to think Ducati's were rare because they were so expensive to buy, till I gave it some thought & HHHmmmmnnnn Ah Exige has them all.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. They don't, but sometimes they have a little cry ;)
    Cheers :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Hey who's crying. :splat::splat::splat::cold_sweat::joy::joy::joy::sob::sob::sob:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I was down to 22 when I sold my Aprilia - the first to go to pay the Mortgage off and make room in the workshop for building bikes again, now back to 23 :bucktooth: will try again soon....
    Ps, they are not all Ducati's :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. There’s a lot of emotion attached to that bike for me.

It arrrived in Budapest the evening before the first round of 2017 and it had technical issues with the DTC from the off coupled with a clutch that was shot.
    I replaced the clutch with a new Sigma race item, not the normal Sigma fast version and step-by-step troubleshot the DTC until the big breakthrough happened. The PO has fitted the gyro unit upside down.
    By mid-season it was a real weapon and could out drag Panigales on long straights but I never got the rear sprocket gearing optimal for the tracks here.
    Then the final race of the season had to be completed mostly in 3rd because it was jumping out of 4th. Despite this I finished in the points and so claimed the championship.
    The Magyar Kupa is similar to a privateer cup in BSB and this bike was achieving podium places against recent BMW HP4s and GSXR1000s.
    It was no slouch that’s for sure, but ultimately I needed newer technology because after winning the Kupa it was mandatory that I step up to the big class for 2018 against the pros.

If you take it to the track Stu then you are going to surprise plenty of newer machines and have your smug dial up at 11.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bloody Nora :) I just told herself this but all I got was a strange evil look and said don't even bother :confused: :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Perhaps Stu will be riding it at one of the ducati track days.....:astonished:;)

9. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. which one ill be your pit bitch for the day...

11. What exactly is wrong with you Andy?

12. you dont want a pit bitch?

13. You could warm my tyres, with your whit they would be like ice :cold_sweat: but what is wrong with you?

14. you cant have a track bike like that and not ride it on a track...what the fook is wrong with that?

15. I think you will find it is up to me what I do with it, I already have one like this as you know, in fact it was a Ducati Corse backed one :yum and I wanted it on the road, so I did. How many pages of spam are you going to add to this thread, you will not wind me up like I did you when you cried :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. whats wrong with you? i didn't know you had another one catching dust?? hitting out again...

17. Relentless aren't you, you spammed that too, well done... :):upyeah:

#37 Exige, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2019
  18. Talking to a guy at Squires café tonight, Exige you may know him. Renovates tiger cubs & I believe owns Upton panel beaters. Crashed a v4s last summer somewhere out your way. Still recovering, bike totalled. He's got a new one ready to go & has just ordered a v4r too. Some folk eh.

19. No, don't know him, I can only afford them if I can sell them for more, yeh, some folk eh ;)

20. Harry Weston who used to own Squires café bought a 999 Fila without oil water etc out of the crate. Some of you may have seen in the case at the café for a few years. Believe he recently sold that & made a bit on it. Along with his 512 BB. & helicopter. :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information